Sunday, September 02, 2007

Silly Boys...

Here I am at 5 in the morning... what am I doing?

Well I just finished watching a movie... here in my chair in the dark by myself.

One day I'll realize that some people just aren't as intense as I am, or as crazy, or as willing.

So some sort of update...

I begged pleaded and finally told Raistlan months ago to get referred to a sleep clinic by a doctor because as he's gotten older and gained more weight his sleeping has been bothering me more and more. It's not that the snoring bothers me, I've slept with a couple others whose snoring is a lot worse then his. It was the snoring mixed with the gasping for air and the not breathing every so often that had me scared.
After talking to my good friend Paulie I was 100% certain that Raistlan needed to go and get checked. A lot of his ailments sounded like they were caused by not enough restful sleep.
He went.. about 3 or 4 months ago he went and did the sleep study. A couple of weeks ago he finally had the follow up for it, he found out that he stops breathing at least 30 times an hour and all the times he stops breathing he's running on 80% less oxygen.
Pretty much at the rate he's going he'll have a heart attack, or a stroke or just up and die in his sleep.
Well if that's not enough to freak some one out - he got the results of his cholesterol test as well saying that it was too high as well. Like heart attack range high...

And yet people still have the "wow he was only in his thirties" mentality when people Raistlans age dies of a heart attack.

*sigh* I'm scared. Even after my procedure I'm not in the best of health and now to find out that he's in worse shape then I thought. I find myself staying up almost until it's time for him to get up in the morning just so I can go check on him throughout the night. We've been together for ten years, what would I do without him?

What makes it worse is I have a friend who I believe is in the same boat, and unfortunately I can't convince him to do anything about it. I worry about his health so much as well. I pretty much feel useless about it. He's my best friend and has been for the last 5 years...

If anything happened to either one or both of them I don't know what I would do. It hurts my heart and makes me so sad when I think about it.
Why don't boys understand, they just don't get how much we worry about them.

Anyway... I need to go check on Raistlan again, it's almost become an obsession to make sure he's alright.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree....and understand...