Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Baggage...

So I'm getting ready to go to Red Spiral once again.
I'm at the stage now where I'm going to be packing my bag. The last couple of nights it's been chilly down here so I imagine it'll be chilly up North.

I came across my garment bag type suitcase, and by came across I mean it's still half packed full of clothing that I had taken on the trip to Reno last year. I opened it up and smiled with some really bittersweet memories as I looked at what was packed away and forgotten about. They lil multi-coloured dress I'd hang around the house in, the dress I've only worn once because my bday last year was the first time it fit me properly. There's a lot of reminders in the bag...of what had happened, has happened, will never happen again, and a few 'I wish that had of happened' as well.

By this time the last couple years I was sitting here with an itinerary and plane tickets all ready to fly away to see Bing. Well in 2009 it was me waiting for him to get here...

Couple more months it'll come full circle. And as of right now there's only one loose end that needs to be tied up, that he promised he would but hasn't. Hard to believe (to me) that this has where it's nearly ended up.

A bag of clothes that at times is too painful to unpack...and a shirt.

But for now I pack my bag so that I can go on one last camping trip up North before my lovely wife leaves me to follow her hubs to San Bruno.

Thankfully I have other bags that I can put clothes in... ;)

No comments: