Friday, March 16, 2007

Blogs and Change

So I thought about shutting down and deleting my blogs today...

it seems like I never have much to say anymore what I do say doesn't seem to mean much of anything...

just drivel pretty much... there's enough blogs out there that are just drivel... or just people giving little updates on their lives... what makes mine so special...

Really it's not done much for me... cause me problems with my in laws, with my family, even some of my friends...

I guess just back in the day when I started this blog almost 3 years ago... I had something to say... or I thought I needed to say something... I used to update this thing a few times a day when I first started it... now I'm lucky (or not) if I sit down to update it a few times a month...

when it comes right down to it I guess it comes to the question of "Who Cares?"

I mean really... I know that journals and diaries and such are usually personal... and I've mentioned it before but...
It's not really that personal unless it's anonymous... right?

If it's done anonymously then people wouldn't know it was you and you could talk about whoever and whatever you won't, like you used to be able to do when ya kept that little locked diary under your pillow...

But since the people who read it know who you are you feel like you need to entertain them rather than say what's on your mind...

So is it really a journal a place for your thoughts and feelings or is it a place to write about the comings and goings of your family to keep your friends up to date...

I've had many blogs... some still kicking around... I had a blog that I told Raistlan he wasn't allowed to go to... and he being the great that he is wouldn't go to it...
I deleted it today... didn't save the logs didn't reread the entries... just deleted it... they were about another man...
not fair to him to ask him not to read it... so I deleted it and with it any feelings attached to it that may have still been there...

I have another journal... it's a deadjournal... took it out of my blogroll... and as soon as I figure out how... I'm gonna kill that one too...

things are changing... I'm changing...

I did decide so for now, not to kill this one...


For now...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were pretty harsh on me when I deleted mine... Now you want to delete yours? That's ok... I've always had a feeling that no one gets to see the real Rae.

Moon said...

I understand what you're saying...I know my blog gets monatone alot of the time but I still need a place to spill lol....I hope u keep this one, even though u post less, I do check in to see it ...we hardly chat anymore so I miss you but I do feel a connection regardless, by coming here to see whats new with u if anything. hugs my friend

Bone said...

I've had the "I've got nothing to say" and "what is the point of this" feelings, too.

I guess it's become sort of like a little online community in a way. I mean, I talk with my friends sometimes even when they don't have anything earth-shattering to say.

Oh, and anonymity is priceless. I'll remember that if I ever start another blog.