Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Would you choose A or B ?

it's a hard decision when having to choose between your heart and your lungs...

that's not some sort of strange metaphor I'm being quite literal for once


most people know that I have a permanent heart condition... just not exactly sure what it is... that is unless you've been with me here since the beginning... so quick recap of that as it pertains to what I'm talking about...

SVT - I have an electrical pathway in my heart (as w e all do), mine is an extra one that goes to no where... sort of like me on a road to no where... but anyway... normally the pathways are connected by these little nodes... this extra one doesn't and that causes skip which in turn causes a loop affect on my heart... so that instead of beating in each of the chambers separately in time like it's supposed to it continues in the one and keeps keeping faster.... like a skip in a record that's a snow ball going down hill and building momentum.

As clear as mud right?

So... there are things... lots of things that I have to stay away from because of this issue. Decongestants, steroids, caffeine, hot tubs... oh so many things. Pretty much anything that by design or side effect speeds up the heart rate will send me speeding toward an 'episode'.

So that's the heart... now the lungs...

I have respiratory issues... the doctor has never come right out and told me that I have asthma, however I have an inhaler and he's written it down on some papers I had to send in to the government. So I suppose I have asthma which is extremely reactive to dust. (As well as an allergy to dust.)

Ok so now that we're clear on those two issues.

I took down the christmas tree yesterday, which has been sitting in the living room for about a month. Just standing there... doing nothing. Just... you know... collecting dust.
Not even thinking about that I took off the tinsel, the ornaments and then wrestled with the tree... yes literally as at one point it fell on me... to take off the lights. My arms started getting real itchy, my palate as well, and my ears... well my ears were already bothering me because of this stupid infection I have in my throat.

Then awhile later I was having issues with my breathing. I was hoping that it would just clear up after awhile of not being in the dust and after dinner I was still having issues. Went to bed still having breathing issues.

Finally I got up this morning and was hoping that a nice warm shower would help. Nope.

So I had to make the choice... Heart or Lungs.

still confused?

In pretty much all inhalers is a steroid of some kind... in order to breathe I would have to inhale the steroids that would cause my heart to go nuts...


I chose breathing. Hopefully my heart will forgive me.

No comments: