Monday, June 03, 2013

Felicia Day - Ottawa ComicCon

Well holy shit where to start in regards to the Ottawa ComicCon...

I think I'll do it backwards...talk about my Sunday and then in the next one talk about my Saturday...the way they'll be posted to the blog will be in the proper order...those that get my posts in their emails...it'll be backwards but ... meh... too fucking bad...lol

On Sunday I met Felicia Day...yep...that was awesome.


The Man got her autograph on Friday in The Guild comic book... After asking about how we're doing and us asking her how she was doing... she told me she loved my hair...When she told us to have a great time at the convention I chuckled and said we'd see her in an hour for a photo with her and Wil...

Which funny enough when we went to our photo op she did remember us...that's always a nice feeling, to have someone who is meeting thousands of people remember you...

I ended up going and getting her autograph on Sunday (on the photo op photo - will post it in my Wil Wheaton post)



 We look like we're having such a serious conversation in the photos that The Man took...but really...we're not...lol

Walked up said hi to her... She told me she loved my hat...to which I said thanks (of course) she then asked me how long it takes to get my hair done like that because she does love my hair... I chuckled and told her about 3 movies...lol

We ended up talking about hair..yep that's right... I explained that I like putting my dreadfalls in when going away for the weekend so I don't have to worry about doing anything to or with my hair while away... she then told me how she's thinking of cutting her hair short...almost bob length...ended up telling her that because of elfin like features that she could totally rock that...we also ended up talking about her shoes...during her Q&A she had said that it looked like Rainbow Brite had thrown up on her feet...I didn't think so and told her that Wil was definitely wrong about that...so she showed me the shoes she had on (her Q&A was on Saturday) for that day...which were cute little ankle boots with a rainbow fringe down the back....



The Man took a couple of pics of us then stepped over and said that if she chopped off her hair she might look like back in her Buffy days...to which she laughed and said never again will she look like that...and we talked about the hideous wardrobe she had for Buffy which apparently was her own clothes....lol The costume department apparently liked the way she dressed back then and told her to wear her own clothes...which looking back on it now she says all those clothes need to be burned...especially the hat she wore....lol


Yep... that hat...lol

So all in all...it was a great little chat with Felicia...and she's one of those awesome celebs that take the time to have a conversation with you...and instead of expecting you to fawn over her she seems like she would much rather have a real conversation about real stuff...

We thanked her for Table Top and The Guild and explained that we watched all of them as a family.

She was great and I'm really glad to have met her.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on comic on, but I think your twitter has been hijacked.