Monday, December 23, 2013

A Bona Fide Date...?

So...
I was really nervous for nearly a week. Did the girly thing of...what am I going to wear?

I don't date. I hook up. I 'hang out'. I use men and they use me.

This was different...
This was a date with someone I knew as an acquaintance through friends. Didn't know what we were going to talk about and I didn't know much about him except that he's a hard worker, dry sense of humour and has a great smile.

I got advice on what to wear from Nickle, The Man and Burton.
(nothing like your husband and wife giving you advice for a date outfit)
Tough going on a date in Canada in December...first impression... Oooo what a nice parka...lol

He was super sweet and held doors open, walked me over to my side of the car and opened the car door for me, told me I looked nice...

It wasn't completely awkward or strained, but wasn't exactly relaxed. We're both fairly shy...might sound weird but yeah... I'm shy. I get quiet and unsure of how to act when around new people, until I feel them out, to see how much crazy I can let strain through...lol

I think it surprised the mutual friends of ours to find out that we were out together.

We traded a couple of texts today just mentioning how we both had a good time.

So I'm glad that our shy awkwardness didn't get in the way of enjoying each others company.

It was a lovely dinner at the Keg with a view of the falls that would have been great with a bit less mist. Nonetheless, it was a delicious meal.

Dessert was extremely yummy.

No comments: