Sunday, June 21, 2015

Family

Sometimes it's just about having someone there, just some company, someone you can lean on in times of trouble, in times of heartache, in times of darkness.

When the cloud of darkness shades your day it's nice to have the one person who can bring a bit of brightness to your moment.

There's quite a bit of darkness that will shade me some days and very few that will bring me the brightness.

It's too bad that they don't understand what they do for me.

It's my first Fathers Day without Al. It's a bit weird of me to think of that. He and my mum had only been together for a decade. He and I weren't exactly close, but really for that decade he was there for me when my own father was off doing who knows what, with who knows who...

Biff, even though I didn't see him often was like a father...grandfather... I loved sitting and talking with him. He was genuinely interested in what was happening in my life and knew immediately when I was bullshitting just for the sake of being polite, and he would call me on it as well. Then tell me to tell him the truth. He made the time for me.

Was hoping for a bright spot in my shade...was hoping to be a bright spot in someone elses shade...

I will not pretend to know what it's like to not have my father on fathers day... I haven't had mine for quite a few.
And I've lost some of my favourite father figures.

I'm tired of Hallmark holidays getting me down.
Must try to not let them get to me anymore.

Rest In Peace to our Forefathers.

No comments: