Tuesday, August 14, 2007

And History Books Forgot About Us

When I give people tidbits of advice or answer questions brought to me about child rearing sometimes I say things that other people don't agree with, or something that may sound odd to try.

It's not because I believe I'm a perfect parent, as a matter of fact it's quite the opposite, it's things I've learned over the years in my 10 years of being a parent, my 5 years of school, and my numerous years babysitting friends and family's children since I was of an age that they would trust me with them.

It hurts when I suggest something and get the retort of "well you just know everything don't you since you're such a perfect parent..." and yes retort, not compliment.

Nobody wants to be questioned on their parenting, but do you know why?

Because they already question themselves everyday on their own abilities, about the decisions they make as a parent.

*****

there was more to this post, but right now I'm just finding this huge black sucking void in myself is too hard to get past too write more.

No comments: