Monday, December 17, 2007

As Posted On Facebook...

Well I do believe it has become official I hate this time of the year...

Since I've had my kids and have wanted to give them everything they want and need at christmas - I've grown to hate the holiday.

I've really tried to instill in my kids that it's not all about presents that it's about getting together with family and having a good time, since I am not a christian I will not fill their heads with bull about it being some dead guys birthday.

No matter how much I've tried to teach them that it's about the thought of giving to others especially those who are less fortunate. They still want all the toys and gadgets and I see how sad they get when they don't get them. Not that I want to spoil them and get them all the latest games and gadgets and top brand everything. However, I would like to get them at least one of the games and such that they ask for.

Yeah this is me whining a bit mostly about how peer pressure on the kids (that they don't even realize is there) sometimes makes us as parents who can't get all the latest stuff look just a little bit smaller in the eyes of our kids.

Why do we let a holiday do that too us?

This is one of the most stressful times of year and most of the time it's us stressing ourselves out over whether or not someone will like the gift we got them, or will the christmas dinner turn out alright or will uncle bobby still be mad at aunt suzy, should we invite them to come different days or will my kids be mad because they didn't get from Santa what they asked for... because Mom and Dad Santa can't afford the gifts.

We stress ourselves out during the holidays - why do we let it happen?

I hate Christmas.



So there you have it my deep dark secret - I hate Christmas.

(I'll be back after Christmas has left - talk to you then)

1 comment:

Anna said...

You're not alone.

*hugs*