Friday, July 11, 2008

It's My Party And I'll Cry If I Want Too...

So went to go see the Vajayjay doctor yesterday... that was a painful experience...

He's a new doctor... well new to me anyway...

So he comes in with my jacket in his hand and all that's in it is the form I filled out five minutes before hand, a blank piece of paper and the paper that was faxed to him from my GP... oy... I'm not used to having to go through my entire history all in one sitting... especially my vagina and all it's happenings ... ever.

So why may you ask did I go to a new doctor when I've just been going to see my GP about my girly parts... because I've had some persistent pain... we've been doin it for a year with no protection to no avail and also because of some other gorier things I doubt you want to know about

So I find his office downtown and check in and fill out the form they need to throw me into their computer system... I'm at this point going on zero sleep for the last at least 18 to 20 hours... So I get called in much to the chagrin of the women who came in after me who apparently had an appointment time before mine... So I sit in this tiny room that has one of the beds, a sink a small table and three chairs... beside the bed is a curtain like at the hospital...odd.

Doctor comes in like I said with three pieces of paper in my folder and sits down and starts talking to me about 'everything' - especially the last 7 years (since I had the youngest). See now I assumed that he'd have all the GP's info on me by the time I had my appointment... Nope. (So guess who I'm calling every 5 minutes and getting a busy signal for today). So he decides after talking with me that he'd like to do an exam... ick I hate these - (Yes Moon I know how important they are) So he asks me when I had my last one - I shrug and say I don't remember... I know they forced me to have one about a year after I had the youngest. So what's that like 6 years already, who knows I may have had one in between there that my mind is blocking out.

So I get told to strip from the waist down, get onto the small bed and cover up with the infamous paper, napkin sized blanket. He pulls the little curtain across halfway up the bed before he goes, I quirked an eyebrow because it seems like you know too little too late... 5 minutes ago I'm shaking his hand as he introduces himself and now he's going to be poking around in my crotch... wtf is the curtain and paper napkin blanket going to do??

So there I am laying on the bed counting the little holes in the ceiling waiting for him and his assistant to come in and poke about... finally he pokes his head in the doorway telling me he has to go to the hospital (across the street) to do a delivery... um... I'm half naked on the bed... he does that momentary pause as he thinks and quickly summons the assistant in and proceeds with the pap... ouch. There are nerves in there, I tell you more then they tell you there is in sex ed class at school... four swabs later he quickly tells me that I may get dressed but to please wait for him to come back. Which by the way surprised the hell out of his assistant.

I'm now not feeling that great between the legs as he goes running out the door. His assistant is trying to hand me a box of tissues and trying to catch up with him probably to find out why I need to wait for him. I sigh and sit up ... by the way did I tell ya that I had a major case of gas all day yesterday as well? - yeah well thankfully I held that in while he was down there.. but man when that door closed....

Anyway... so I got my pants back on feeling oh so violated... and have a seat and wait for him to come back... snuck out to go to the washroom and talked to the man and the boychild who were waiting... and let them know that he wanted me to wait for him so that they didn't think I snuck out a back door on them or something...

Doc comes back less then an hour later and hands me 4 requisition forms for blood work... One that was to be done yesterday... and three more for the 21st, 24th and 28th... (I won't tell ya what he handed me for the man)... Plus I have to call the office on the first day of my next cycle so that they can set up an appointment for me to go and have a dye inserted into my uterus... I have another appointment with him in 6 wks ... oh and bonus they called me this morning and told me that the doctor decided after I left that he wants me to have an ultrasound done as well...

So for the next couple of weeks I'm going to be a busy little girl giving blood samples (5 vials at a time), my cooch invaded by dye, an ultrasound with a bladder so full I'll feel like I'm gonna piss myself any second and another doctors appointment...

I bet you all can't wait for the updates on all of that huh?

2 comments:

Moon said...

YUP I do want updates!lol...I am glad, he seems to be VERY thourough!!..and damnit gf!! 6 yrs since your last pap test!! are u fucking kidding me!! my sisterinlaw, died because, she had the not had one in 7 yrs, cervical cancer was way past being treatable by then, was to late, and thats the best cancer to get..and best treated!! u know all this I have told u before, and apparently need to remind u again lol!!! JASUS!!.. U also know, her daughter has cervical cancer now, at age 19...so there...PLEASE start getting one every yr now, NONE of us, enjoy it, its an aweful position to be in, but hell, 5 mins, in the stirups, is better then a lifetime in the ground u dumbass!!! lol,

The Witch Doctor said...

Like I told the doctor if I had one or two in between there I blocked them out as a traumatic experience. Not my fault my GP didn't send my file on to this guy... ;)