Saturday, January 17, 2009

I Don't Wanna Be The Girl Who Has To Fill The Silence... (Do It Yourself.)

*basking in the glorious feeling of mornin lovin's*

Ok so that was a bit gratuitous... *laughs* I can't help but be happy...

So just wanted to jot down a quick entry before heading off to the land of the cleaning and planning...

cleaning because well... I do that now... every Saturday we clean up the house... all week I tidy up but the boys have to all pitch in and help on Saturday cleaning their room and their bathroom and their playroom... they hate it... but they enjoy the use of the playroom... so they do it...

the planning... that's a bit more fun... besides at some point today getting together and playing some games with the kids... I've been doing some write ups for a game... and planning not one, not two... but three rituals...

I'm so proud of the man child... he's inquired about learning more about what it is that we do... our beliefs and such... and he's also headed into puberty... so it is time... besides being baptized into the service of the God and Goddess as babies in a naming/dedication ceremony... there are other rites of passage that we go through... and as his birthday approaches it would seem that the man child is ready for his next rit... So as a proud pagan mama I'm planning and writing up his ritual that will be done by the man and some of the other men of the community... that and Imbolc is sneaking up on us, so I'm also writing that one...

I'm so excited to be a part of the planning of a new upcoming women's weekend that will be happening this fall... it's given me just one more thing to look forward too...

I'm also getting ready to take charge of a euchre tournament that will be a fundraiser for the distress centre... and of course my on-going work with the Lions and the planning of the upcoming convention...

busy busy busy... that's me... :D

I'm so proud of the change in the kids... that they're willing to do the cleaning that's needed... and not because they're getting money for it as they don't get an allowance but because they don't want to live as we were before... we praise the Gods every day that they didn't like that as well... moving here was like all of us waking up from a depression of sorts... and it was probably likely...

We've all been unplugging more often and spending more time together... and yes it's right... it's so much easier to look at this box and say 'enh maybe I'll do something later' ... and then just not sit down because of getting too busy with the family...

I can breathe... I don't feel all down and wishing I was somewhere else... I want to be here... with these people that I love immensely... *smiles* I can understand why people don't trust the relationships/friendships that are made online... so many of them are fake... the desperate flailing of depressed people seeking to get away from where they are at... those who can't/won't go to their getaway.. should just unplug and deal with life... it's way easier...

I chalk it all up to just another life experience that I can add to my catalog of experiences that I use when helping others...

*laughs* You know the times when you say things like "OMG I did that... don't bother... it's dumb, stupid, ridiculous, heartbreaking, not worth the time, bothersome..." you get the picture...

I think we've all done it at one point or another...

Anyway... I'm babbling now... so... time for food, cleaning, fun with the fam and then more planning... :)

Have a great weekend... and try unplugging from this box you'll find it easier then you thought...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the idea of unplugging from this box, Rae! I'm going to do it right now. And do some cleaning and then out into the snow (even if for a few moments) with this boisterous 3-year-old!

Anna said...

Too bad it takes so much heartache for everyone before we realize where our priorities should have been all along...making mistakes help us grow but making them over and over again isn't really learning.

I'm so glad you, Ryan and the boys are happy. It's already a better year.

*hugs*