Friday, April 24, 2015

Flint

Even when you know it's coming Death is never easy.

The world just lost one of bravest, and most compassionate men I have ever been honoured enough to call my friend.

I had known Flint for 15 years. In the last few I didn't see him a whole lot but when I did, we would just pick up where we left off.

He was one of the most caring of men, soft spoken but played one of the biggest hand drums.

He taught me a couple of rhythms and was so patient with me when I would get frustrated that I wasn't quite getting it. He would just smile and chuckle at me, saying 'just keep at it and feel the beat'.

It makes me so very sad that he is gone. That there are so many who will never experience Flint's kind and calming nature.

I hope nothing but good memories for all that knew him.

No comments: