Thursday, April 09, 2015

If You're Falling, You're Trying...

It's one if the things we hear all the time at derby practice...
Let's just say I was trying my ass off tonight. lol

I'm sitting here devouring two pieces of chicken after practice with a huge grin on my face.

Practice was great...it wasn't any different then most practices.
Did some warm ups...did some hitting drills...and then...scrimmaged.

I'm sweaty...stinky...and physically exhausted and in pain...definitely need to find a tub...
But I am happier then I have been in weeks and weeks.

No I still haven't passed my laps...and no I may not get to play in next weeks game...
Yet I have a shit eating grin on my face...even though I got a cutting penalty and an insubordination penalty during the scrimmage...
Hey I needed to take a minute...lol

I got lead jam twice out of three times jamming.
The feel at practices is so much different. People are way more encouraging of each other.
We have new teams...new team names...new team mates...
It's way more awesome.

Though in the last couple of weeks there has been a tonne of people telling me I have small feet.
I've just recruited 15 new people for the Freshmeat program.

We're going to have a full year type of schedule...with games in April, May and June
Going to slow down in July and August...and then go back to a game schedule in September.

So happy we have a year round home!

Team names...
Rink Rash Rebels
Sisters of Anarchy
Doomsday Darlings
Not sure if I'm supposed to say anything...so...shh...lol

Oh! I'm a Sister of Anarchy. I totally want to rock a nuns habit at least once...lmao
I do have a costume...muahaha...

I'm in such a happy place right now. Even though I have a reoccurring bruise on my toe...it's weird.