Tuesday, March 24, 2015

I choose Compassion.

Sometimes the hardest thing you can do is to tell someone that you're there for them and truly mean it.

It may be that you offer to make dinner, or offer up a ride to wherever they need to go, or just sitting with them while they watch tv and hand them a tissue when a memory washes over them and leaves them emotionally raw again...

And then sometimes... you become a whipping post for their anger...a verbal punching bag for their frustrations...

When they feel overwhelmed and emotionally raw one thing could set them off, if they don't have an outlet for that frustration and anger they'll lash out...at you.

It may seem strange to some but after getting into a discussion like that I like to come back with kindness, and compassion, and even consideration.
I had said that I wasn't going anywhere and that whatever is needed to help I would do it...including moving a mountain if required.

Not because I'm looking for a reward of some sort. I do it because if I've chosen you as my friend (which is something unto itself because I'm not a big fan of people) I am loyal and will do anything for those I choose to love.
I love those I've chosen to have in my inner circle of friends.

I can't do anything to help people monetarily and sometimes the issue is something I've never dealt with so I can't offer any advice.

What I do offer is healing... massages... conversations that just flow from one thing to the next... physical closeness... or just a shoulder to cry on...

And the most precious thing to me of all that I offer is...my time.

No comments: