Friday, March 20, 2015

The Witchdoctor.

Love isn't a game to be played, it isn't toying with someones emotions or to be wielded like it's a weapon.

It's for healing, for staying grounded and yet flying high at the same time...

For the last 20 some odd years I have been learning as much as I can about many of the different healing arts...reiki...therapeutic touch...chinese meridians...colour therapy...meditation...massage therapy...reflexology...etc.
And I've been combining that with psychological and physiology...

So that I may help counsel people in any way I can...
I talk with people...and sit with people...
I hold their hands...or hug them.

I feel their pains... I feel their happiness...

I was born an empath... I make connections with people... I invest myself wholeheartedly into those I love...

On a the flipside of that though...to those I don't love I close myself off from them... it makes me seem standoffish...or that I hate them...when in fact that's not the case... I just have to wall myself off from others so that I'm not feeling all of their stuff too...

It can be overwhelming...

But back on the other side of that again...

I've done training to be a shaman...it's why I chose to call myself a witchdoctor... picking up all the training that I have and incorporating it with the other sciences... I'm a bit of a jack of all trades when it comes to mental, spiritual and physical health...

And yet...

I still have those days where I feel completely useless to my friends when they are going through some shitty shit in their lives... mainly because a lot of what I know is hands on... sort of literally have to be there with/for them...

Tough to do sometimes.

Love is a healer.

No comments: