Friday, March 20, 2015

Ready to Rumble

So today is the day...

I pack up my derby gear and head up to Kitchener this evening to play in my first ever away from my league scrimmage. I suppose technically it's not my first because I did scrimmage up in Ancaster as well...but some of them feel like part of my league.

There's 4 of us from NRG that are headed up there tonight...3 of us are on the same team...so that makes me feel a bit better.

I'm really going to miss Sugarbear tonight. I loved during the last season being able to look down the straight away from the pivot line to see him sitting there watching. Made me feel less nervous. That's why I liked spending the mornings of game days with him as well...he would keep me calm and I wouldn't feel all jittery.

And truthfully would much have him in Kitchener tonight then heartbroken over the loss of his parents up North. If wishes were nickels...but anyway...

So...it's a co-ed scrimmage tonight. I've never played against guys before...from what I've seen there's one on each of the teams. One thing I can say is I've already skated at the venue so at least I don't have to wonder too much about what the floor is like.

Also...first game/scrimmage where I will be donning my new name...

What made me sign up for this again??

No comments: