Thursday, February 10, 2005

I'm Gonna Keep On Dancing....

having scattered thoughts... and have a fair bit to post so I'll most likely try to group thoughts of the same type of topic on each journal...so yeah today's journaling/blogging will be split up between the different blogs and journals...have fun if you're going to follow along...

Work post

I'm getting tired of working at SYUTAC (Screw You Up The Ass Com) ... it seems like no matter how well you think you are doing... or how well a call goes... they can find something wrong with it...

They have a system at work set up: we/I take the calls-> QA listen to said calls -> send email to our/my supervisor -> we/I get taken off the phone and get "coached" on everything we did wrong on the call -> we have to sign off on it

QA - has to make a quota per day... of a certain number of calls they have to listen to
We/I - have a certain amount of time that they want us on a call... they want us to fix/help a customer in 660 seconds (11 minutes)
Supervisors- don't do much of anything...except make you wait when you need to transfer a call (making call times longer) and they are the ones that do the "coaching" sessions with us/me...
Managers - bug the supervisors...asking them stuff like...why are the call times so high, why are the customer quality levels so low...so again another person who does not much of anything useful
Mentors- I have yet to actually see one of these because apparently "the client" won't pay for one or some shit like that until there are 50 reps on the phones...
The Client - they want great customer service, low call times - yet - will not get the technicians they send to the customers place to properly educate them in how to get completely set up with the services...
SYUTAC
- thinks that by setting up "incentives" thats going to make our call times lower and our customer quality scores higher....wtf??

I don't mind the customers I talk to on the phone... most of the time they apologize for being uneducated... and are usually very happy at the end of the call even if I try everything to help them and still don't fix their problem....
What I do mind is that I have had 3 of my calls listened too by QA - so far the three worse calls I've ever had... so my customer quality score is in the toilet... and I swear they try to find the shortest calls to listen too... what they need to realize is the problems that actually get solved and we/I do well on are usually longer then 10 minutes.
I took an extremely easy call last night...setting up a sub account (email) for a customer however because he was an uneducated person (when it comes to that) it took 40 minutes taking him thru the process... will they listen to that call? no why? because it's 40 minutes long.

I know I'm bellyaching... but you'd think that everyone above me would realize that pressuring us about our call times is going to do nothing but affect the quality level of the customer service...

Next Post -> deadjournal :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

As far as QA goes, i agree, they're only listening to shorter calls, and they know that they're not hearing the real issues. Do I think that will change? Gods no, their manager keeps crapping down their throat, remember we/they don't have the buffer of an EPS/supervisor. Perhaps they will start listening to calls that are a little longer once the staffing is in place. *pauses for laughter* I know I'm funny! And people wonder why I dont' like to tell them what it is I do, the look one gets when they say they're in quality...

The Witch Doctor said...

Dunno if he told ya or not but Raistlan applied for Quality...

Anonymous said...

yea, I ran into him when he went to talk to Rhonda about his MAT test. I'm quite sure that as long as he has the recommended from the test, and doesnt' completely blow the interview (and by blow it, I mean start cursing at Jim, though I think it would take more than that to phase him) he's in. He may want to ask about shifts when he's interviewing though, they've gotten the go ahead to set our shifts up by seniority in the department rather than in the company. I'm so bloody wordy, i'm sorry!

The Witch Doctor said...

yeah he doesn't have to do the MAT test again but they did give him a Excel test to bring home and do, by the time of his interview on monday

Anonymous said...

Trust me, he could completely screw up that excel test, and it wouldn't make a lick of a difference, so long as he tries. We need another, 17 people I think and so far, only 7 qualified to get as far as MAT testing, and three then failed.

The Witch Doctor said...

Damn..
kinda glad I didn't apply then...