Monday, May 15, 2006

She Put On Dark Glasses And Long Sleeved Blouses, And Make Up To Cover The Bruise

Sooooo....

yeah... I'm not sure where to start in this one... I mean I could start at the beginning of the weekend... oh hell... ok...

I had posted and sent out invites for a informal type of get together downtown for some drinking and merriment with all my friends from here in town or the surrounding towns... I sent out about 30 or so notices... I got one answer saying yes... I got four saying no accompanied with reasons why (which I wasn't really expecting) and I got two maybes which called me on thursday and friday and told me why they had to say no... that was cool of them... everyone else didn't answer...
Pretty much the reason why I was doing this was to see people that I considered friends of mine before my surgery on Wednesday... understandable right? (I've just wanted to be around people I know and care about for the last little while...even if we were just sitting and watching tv...just being with people... "Action Is The Enemy Of Thought")

So friday I've just finished retouching up my hair and I figure I'll send a message to the person who said yes and let her know that I'd be heading down town soon... I mean come on theres like 8 bars on one street all stumbling distance of each other... we could find one place to go... anyway... so I find out at 10pm that she has no way of coming out but that she was still 'looking' for a ride...
Raistlan had gone to lay down on the bed cause the smell of the dye was getting to his head and he was kinda of tired... so he had fallen asleep... so I told her to forget it... we'd do something else another time...
later on... Raistlan wakes up and we went for a walk to 7-11 so that I could get a squishy (aka Slurpee) I had been drinking before he woke up... so of course everything is magnified when you've been drinking (well at least when I've been drinking...the default reaction when I'm drinking is to get horny...UNLESS somethings been bothering me...) so I started to feel a bit dejected... because it seemed like no one cared... almost started crying in 7-11... god I'm such a freak...

went to bed still feeling dejected... Raistlan did give it quite a go to lift my spirits...

woke up still kinda feeling the same because now my son is leaving for a week... and that makes me sad too... cause he's my lil buddy... didn't help that I had a bitch of a headache...
and everytime someone called they started the conversation with ... wait why are you home?
*insert eyerolling here* I had let my family know that there was a good chance that I would be out of town.. problem was I hadn't yet heard from the friend I was going out of town to see...

so my mother calls me for a second time that day again starting with ... wait why are you home? to which I followed up with... if you didn't think I was going to be here why are you calling... lol

Anyway... just get off the phone... and find out that the out of town friend had started heading in this direction and was about an hour away... yikes... I had been semi-napping... and wasn't even dressed... so rushed around trying to find clothes to wear and what not...
yeah still wasn't ready when they got here... just like a woman eh? ;)
so we went out shopping... they drank enough caffeine in one drink that would probably kill a small elephant... Anyway... left town and had some dinner and then went out drinking... always incredibly great to get away... Felt so incredibly bad... because they got real sick... not pukey from drinking sick... like something from dinner didn't agree...

And ya know... getting together with that one friend that was from out of town almost made up for Friday night... when I think about it I still get the twinge that no one cared enough...(well the ones that didn't reply)

got home today and went to mom's house for a barbque... mmmmm steak *insert drooling here*
my kids are great... Gambit was at mom's house...
well I'll give ya the run down... it was me, Raistlan, Gambit, the Ex, BiL, Mom, Mom's friend and Sis... ok so... gave mom her card... bought her a cake... had a yummy dinner... watched MI2... had cake...
well when Raistlans mom came down to pick up Keenan she brought birthday and easter presents down for the kids... I brought Gambit his... he got clothes... a water gun.. and some weird foam type rockets that you could shoot off a spring loaded handle thing... well that looked like fun... so he and I went outside and were playing with them...making just about anything a target... on my sister's pick up truck... her gas tank door (lil door ya open when ya go to put gas in the thing...anyone know the actual name??) anyway... that lil door is a different colour than the rest of the truck... lol ... so that became a target... the van parked on the other side of the truck... landing them ontop of the van was another one... it was all fun and games until the Ex walked outside and got shot by one... lol we thought it was funny... grandmas butt became a target when she came outside... the crack were the back of the truck and the cab of the truck meet... yeah we tried to get them stuck in there... needless to say he and I were having some great fun... and Raistlan too when he came out to join us...


So yeah... weekend started out yucky but quickly got better and better, dipped a bit while out of town, just cause I was worried about just how sick my friend might be... still a bit worried since when I tried to call and check on them, there was no answer...

My kids can be so sweet I love them... Keenan apparently tried to call today while I was still out of town to wish me a Happy Mothers Day... and Gambit made me the sweetest gifts at school... one is made from an old baby food jar, different coloured tissue paper glued to the outside, the lid painted and a lil butterfly was attached to the rim of the lid on the outside and there was a lil tealight candle on the inside... its too cute...and he made me a lil box that has a lil clear window and a piece of paper over the window that says:
"This is a very special gift, That you can never see. The reason it's so special is, It's just for you and me. Whenever you are lonely, Or ever feeling blue, You only have to hold this gift, And know I think of you. You never can unwrap it, Please leave the ribbon tied, Just hold the box close to your heart, It's filled with love inside."

And all of this came with a card that says in it...
"When you look in the mirror I hope that you see a mother so WONDERFUL with all these qualities!!! Happy Mothers Day Mom Love Gambit"

the card is designed to look like a handle held looking glass that has tin foil glued to the outside to really make it look like a mirror and around the mirror part it says MOM, Pretty, Artistic, Helpful, Loving, Fun, Intelligent
apparently all the kids did the same card... but they had to come up with the qualities themselves...

damn near started to cry... god having kids turns ya into a big fucking softy... when I was younger I never cried so much... lol... it's pretty bad that when ya think about how much you love your kids and you start to tear up...

anyway... thank you goes out to my out of town friend who even tho they didn't realize it, had restored my faith in friends... at least my out of town ones... lmao
Thanks goes to my family... especially my Raistlan... who doesn't mind my leaving town every once in awhile ;)
BTW my wonderful soccer/football star son... Keenan... his team won 2nd in his division this year... they lost the championship game... but hey... he's improving SO much... so he starts outdoor next week... lets hope it goes just as well...

anyway I think I've rambled enough for one day...

Happy Belated Mothers Day To All The Mom's Out There!!

2 comments:

Anna said...

It's amazing how deep kids touch our hearts, almost makes us forget how much grief they give us all the other times :p.

I'm so glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day hon.

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

I've only read the first part of this post. I would have gone if I had gotten the invite in time. They got sent to my junk mail folder in hotmail. I hate hotmail for that sometimes. Next time, send it to tryphyna at cogeco dot ca. I check that one fairly often, and it doesn't filter the way that hotmail does.