Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Yes Can I Have A Revolving Door With My Little Room Please?

Beware Of The Long Post! LOL

8:20am - Phone wakes my lazy ass up... it's mom... she's leaving to come get me... asks if I need to fast or if I want some breakfast cause she's stopping (btw breakfast for me is lunch for my mom... before she came to get me.. she went in at her regular time for her shift at work...at like 4am, and just left early so that she could take me)

So mom gets here and we leave for my 10:30am appt up at Toronto General at ...8:45am...

only traffic we hit was on the highway at Trafalgar Rd... never fails... always there... anyway... other then that it was somewhat smooth sailing... lol
keyword... somewhat... I took a look at the map they gave me and it looked like University Ave came all the way down to #2... apparently it doesn't... lol didn't take long to realize we passed it... so we got ack on track... which was fun... since we like yelling at stupid people...

get to the hospital... theres a parking structure across the street from the entrance I go in... yeah 15 minutes of driving up ...lol ended up finally finding a parking space...

went and found out where I had to go... up to the 6th floor in the hospital... (lol funny how many elevators I used yesterday)

oh yeah I was almost a half an hour late because of the parking garage and the lil detour we took.. lol so I walked up to the receptionist and said Hi I'm ... and she finished the statement by saying Rae... so after teaching her 4 times how to say my last name she laughed to herself and said with a nod over her shoulder... they're polish I wanna hear how they're goning to prounce it...

so by this time I'm donning a loverly hospital bracelet and now we have to wait... you know that hurry up and wait game... so finally out comes this woman and completely fucks up my name and she takes mom and I back into this little room...

in the little room is a computer, two chairs, a stool, a crappy exam table ...you know the ones withg the lovely paper on it... the lovely polish nurse hands me a cloth gown and tells me to strip from the waist up and that we'll be there for a couple of hours... and walks out...

comes back carrying stuff to take blood with... asks me to jump up onto the table... I said not if you're gonna stick me.. and laughed... the woman had this look on her face like no one has ever said no to her before ... lmao... mom just looks at me and says get up there...

so she sticks me in the arm and takes the fastest 5 vials of blood I've ever seen... so while she's doing that.. another nurse comes in and says something which I didn't understand... but leaves the ECG machine...
So I'm thinking ok it'll be like when I go to the cardiologist... we'll lift up the gown from the bottom put all the elctrode things on and during the test just put the gown down a bit... ;)
so she asks me to lay down after taking blood and rips my gown down, pulling my arms out of the holes and of course exposing my girls to the room...lmao
so then she starts to stick the lil electrodey things on... which most people when they have to put the ones on under my boob, they usually just lift it up a little with their finger and place them... not the polish nurse (who btw we found out very early on has no sense of humour which of course isn't fun) she palms my boob grabbing it and holding it out of the way while she slaps the lil stickies on my tit... omg the comment...'hey what are you doing later?' so almost slipped out of my mouth... lol I just giggled it back... so after the sticky things come the lil clippy things...( love the technical terms? ) same thing popped in my head when she got to my boob again...

so she says to me... hold very still and don't move... and of course I wanted to say... wel which do you want? so I closed my eyes and laid real still... and then came the end and the yanking off of the clippy things.... oh yeah instead of taking them off one at a time she grabbed the little boxy thing they're all connected to and just pulled.... yeeeouch!! and then came the violent ripping off of the stickies.... sheesh...

so then I covered the girls up and sat down by the computer... she got all kinds of information from us... and the stood up and said she'd be right back with some print outs for me to sign...
so she comes back we sign the papers.. and she says... ok bye bye now and walks out and shuts the door...

ummm.... I look over at my and go... psst... she just said bye bye... does that mean I'm done... we were left very confused... and complaining about her bedside manner... or should I say lack thereof... we were laughing when all of a sudden came a knock on the door... and this woman walks in saying that there was entirely too much fun going on in the room...
she introduced herself as Eleanor and proceeded to sit down and take all the information the last woman took... so mom being the mom she is and I love says... *laughing*
umm... we just went thru all of this with the last woman... why are you doing it all again?
apparently the nurse beforehand was in there for billing purposes...whereas she was in there for my chart...
so when she was leaving she said 'have a good day and the next nurse will be in, in a few minutes'... I laughed and said thank you... she looked puzzled and I said... 'the other nurse didn't tell us anyone else was coming just said bye... we thought we were done'

NEXT!!

so a few minutes later, another nurse, named Sharlene comes in... she was there to answer questions and let me know about all the ins and outs of the procedure...

and then came the next fun part...

as we are on our way out we have to go to x-rays ... they want x-rays of my chest ... they like it so much they want pics of my insides :D

so we're sitting in the waiting room for xrays and I'm listening to this older lady complain over and over again about how long it was taking ... her husband goes out to the reception area comes back in looking worried... and says 'c'mon hunny we have to go down the hall' to which she responds 'what for?!?'... gulp... 'because we've been waiting in the wrong waiting area...' .... 'FOR 3 HOURS!!??!'... they walked out...
oh my god it was too funny... felt bad for them...

so out comes this technician who obliterates my name (both of them) so badly that I didn't realize he was calling my name... (he had been calling two people out at a time, so I didn't realize I was one of them) ...my mom looks up and says... did you mean......? and says my name and he looks at his paper and says yes.... so I got up and took my shirt and bra with me so I could put them back on (yes still in the hospital gown) ... so I foollow this guy thru the door and he says... ok you can sit right here and I'll be right with you... it was about 6 feet from the door... I waved at my mom whom I could still see... she says from across the waiting room "what the hell are you doing?"
"waiting" I replied... "I think their weeding us out"
she shook her head and went back to reading her book

so yeah got the chest x-rays finally... got changed and came home....

all in all it was a fun day... I know... doesn't that sound weird... yes spending almost 3 hours in a hospital was fun... the only non-fun part was the traffic we hit and well... thats just to be expected when in Toronto...

anything else to update I'll post onmyspace... this entry has already become novel sized...

No comments: