Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas!

This year is the first year that I've spent Christmas eve in my own apartment, even tho I've been out on my own since I was 16 I've always spent Christmas Eve at my mom's house. This year we decided that since the boys are older that we as a family would spend Christmas morning here.

I've just finished doing up a couple of last minute presents, filled stockings and put HoHo's gifts under the tree.
We had my Sis over for an informal Christmas eve dinner of soup and sandwiches (a bit of a family tradition I like) So Sis and Otis (her pup) came over about 5pm she was nice and bought us all a hot chocolate from 7-11 and we had our dinner while watching a cartoon version of Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer, then watched the movie Homeward Bound. Sis and I had Clam Chowder and grilled cheese sandwiches, the boys (who don't like soup and one doesn't like grilled cheese) had hotdogs, Raistlan (who can't eat clam chowder) had tomato soup.... well tried too... this lil story is why I decided to post... *chuckles*

Raistlan sat down with his soup and sandwich (grilled cheese as well) and just as he went to have some of the soup some how he had knocked it over, it took a second to register what had happened, so we all sat there for a moment going 'uhhhh' then after that moment the cat, who had at some point decided to sit under Raistlans chair wandered out, head covered with tomato soup... well I couldn't help it... I started laughing so hard... but going... aww poor Kayleb all the while as well...
Otis did a great job of getting most of the soup off the floor... but ppor Kayleb is still trying to get all the soup out of his fur, which is hard to do for him since he can't lick the back of his own head.

*laughs*

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas.... ;)
I'll let ya know what Santa decided to bring us, probably in a couple of days when I've sat down again.

No comments: