Tuesday, December 19, 2006

At What Age Are You Supposed To Become A Serious Adult?

Tonight after a fairly long day of running around and hunting down the right gift for everyone, which still now as I type this there is still a couple of things I'd like to pick up for a couple of others... so at the end of a long shopping day after spending too much money...

Somehow Raistlan and I managed to end up wrestling, tickling and laughing it up like crazy kids in our room after deciding which gifts went with each kid... we were laughing so hard and trying to zerbert each others bellies when all of a sudden we heard...
"Mommy? Daddy? You are being too noisy and I can't fall asleep" come out from the kids bedroom... apparently we had woken up Keenan with all of our antics... so then it became a game of who could tickle the other the quietest... which was usually followed with an outburst of laughter and that followed immediately with a Shh and the other laughing out a Shhh right back at the other...

As I sat to write this out... my 31 year old partner... Raistlan... comes in to hand me a glass of juice for now I need to sit down and seriously do some work... and I hand him my glass from yesterday... it's a plastic cup with the straw built right in the side of the cup... and all I hear is... Bbbooooo wooooow ppppft boo wow wow.... I look over my shoulder to Raistlan blowing into the straw and making those strange noises... he looks at me innocently as I give him a 'what the hell?' kinda look... he says "what?" bats his eyes a couple of times "you don't like my didjeridoo?"

I bust out laughing... I say to him.. ya know because of our antics in the bedroom I've started a blog post about how I'm wondering at what age you're supposed to become a 'serious' adult...

we both looked at the cup and started laughing again...

no one has ever accused us of being adults never mind serious ones.... *laughs*

I'm happy to report that we were quiet enough so that Keenan could go to sleep... ;)

No comments: