Saturday, February 24, 2007

Canine Vision Canada - Still Looking For Donations

Canine Vision Canada

Canine Vision CanadaFor those with a visual impairment, the help of a Canine Vision Dog Guide to navigate streets, buildings and transit means he or she can travel more widely and independently with greater confidence.

Lori of Newfoundland and her Dog Guide Stewart, a Labrador Retriever, graduated as a team. Before Stewart, Lori depended on a long cane to navigate her world. She says she was afraid to go places – even the mall was too hard to go to on her own. Since Stewart came on the scene, Lori has been travelling independently to her job, takes transit regularly, and goes to the mall.

“I never believed I would have this much mobility,” says Lori. “Now I feel so much more adventurous and independent. I can’t wait to travel and explore new places.”


(click the logo at the top to make any size donation to support me in the walk I'll be participating in)


No comments: