Monday, February 19, 2007

Help Me Help Them...


Every year since I was a little kid whether we had a dog or not we would walk in this walk a dog-a-thon thing... well now that I'm bigger I know much more about this 'thing'

The walk is called the Lions Foundation of Canada Purina Walk For Dog Guides...

I will be participating in the Lions Foundation of Canada Purina Walk for Dog Guides on Jun 3, 2007 to help raise funds for the training and placement of Dog Guides for Canadians with visual, hearing and medical or physical disabilities. Please give generously to this wonderful cause.

All Dog Guides are provided to eligible candidates at no cost. Funding for Dog Guide training is 100 per cent obtained from donations and no government funding is received. Dog Guides Canada has already provided their specially trained Dog Guides to more than 1200 men, women and children from ages eight to 88. With your help more people experience the mobility, safety and independence a devoted Dog Guide partner brings.

The dogs help people withing Hearing Problems, Seeing Problems and those with other disabilities who might require a Special Skills Dog.

I've seen these dogs in training and in action and they are absolutely awesome, brings a tear to your eye.
However that training becomes costly... it costs approximately $20, 000 for the care and training for one of these fabulous dogs...

I know that the walk is not until June 3rd but it's never too early to start collecting money for a great cause. My goal is $1000 this year and I hope that you guys could help me reach that goal.


This little guy down there will take you to my site at the Lions Foundation of Canada Purina Walk For Dog Guides pledge site where you can easily donate.

I offer my appreciation to you for helping us all out.


No comments: