Monday, February 08, 2010

Pardon My Tits...




Today was the calm before the storm...

Sunday... the day of rest and relaxation...

My week is going to be a whirlwind of activity between class and company coming (two different sets), Lions function, a memorial/funeral service... it's going to be non-stop... I don't mind overly I suppose... like I've been told keeping busy is the best distraction... keeping busy keeps you from thinking... makes the time pass quicker...

I dunno if I want it to keep going by quickly...If anyone had asked back in September if I wanted the time to go by quickly I would have laughed and nodded my head saying "Yes! Yes I do."
Now? ... not so much... there's no big picture any more... there's nothing waiting for me at the end of the summer... there's no big plans that are in motion... now there's just more time...

time... a heaven sent and a thing of the devil all rolled into one... I used to consider myself quite forgettable and so I thought time would just erase me from peoples memories... that if I saw them they would squint and slowly shake their head as they hmm'd and said "I don't quite recall"
I've been proven wrong by a couple of people... but then again I've been proven right as well with those thoughts... ahh well...

what did I spend my ample amount of time doing today?
I started making a corset... and I watched the entire second season of Dexter... I love that show.
I just heard about it like last Tuesday... so I got my hands on the first four seasons and have been watching them... and today was a Dexter marathon... my laptop was turned into a tiny glorified tv and it went with me all over... and kept me company while I was sewing...

I love that my family understands that sometimes Mum just needs to lay about and do her own thing sometimes... as long as I kept them fed they are happy campers... so that's what I did... threw on a mens under shirt (waaay comfy) and a pair of comfy olive drab jogging pants... threw my hair up in a sloppy pony tail and laid around on the couch....

I did that today so that I could go into this week feeling relaxed and ready to face the coming storm this week...
Tomorrow I have a meeting, a road trip, need to clean my room, and pick up my aunts... Tuesday continue cleaning, teach class and my aunt will be here... Wednesday... memorial/funeral and deal with familial shite... Thursday clean up and take aunt home... Friday guests from DC arrive, go to a mardi gras party... they'll be here with us until that Monday... so yes the calm before the whirlwind of fantastic-ness...some good some bad... in and amongst that I'll take the time to breathe, smile and send a text or two...

It's been good reconnecting with a couple of people that I would never have expected to reconnect with... hope nothing happens to fuck it all up...

So now I'll lay down... start season 3 episode 1 of Dexter... dream of California dreams... and think about how experts are trying to pass off that eating is a contributing factor to weight gain... yeah like anyone will ever believe that... fucking quacks... pashaw...

No comments: