Sunday, July 17, 2011

Good Food and Strange Dreams...

Last night I tried a new recipe that I wasn't sure if my family would like... it was along the same lines as the lunch that the Pirate Girl made for Burton and I when we went to go visit her... I made a Garam Masala Chicken recipe with Basmati rice... to my surprise it was a huge hit with both kids and the Man... I sort of followed a recipe online... I say sort of because it called for tomatoes but I didn't have any so I used some tomato juice...and instead of just plain basmati rice I ended up mixing in some cumin seeds, rosemary, bit of thyme and some salt and pepper...also tweaked the chicken recipe a bit as well... but it was good... didn't have any yoghurt in the house so used a bit of sour cream instead... tonight's going to be a pork loin roast with some sort of potatoes...the kids have been complaining as we haven't had potatoes for over a month...lol

I've not been sleeping very well lately for a few reasons that I think I've already touched on in a couple of other posts... besides the fact that I seem to be a natural insomniac... so when I do get some restful sleep I tend to dream like there's no tomorrow... and in the last two days I've had some really strange ones... the first one I actually woke up from it, texted Big Daddy about it and then had a really hard time falling back to sleep... he and I were in it and he had crawled into bed with me and was being all lovey dovey with me (not giving details) and then as  we were kissing he strangled me until I was dead... yeah... odd as hell... was odd enough that he commented about it in the morning...
the next one was odd because the main person in the dream I've never actually met...it was Squasha's wife...in the dream we met...I walked into a hotel room knowing that he wasn't there and sat down with her and had a nice long talk and played with their son. When Squasha was due back for them to go somewhere for dinner I got up to leave and told her it was great to finally meet her and started for the door. She had asked me to join them and I politely declined before waving to their son and leaving. As I was walking down the hall to get to the elevator to go back down I walked right past Squasha, neither of us acknowledged the others existence... odd indeed.

one great dinner and two strange dreams...

Yesterday the Man, the Boychild and I all went to grab some groceries from the supermarket, we went to the local mall because we need the supermarket and the bulk barn... The Boychild had bought himself (with his own money) a thing of orange juice in a glass bottle while we were all in the bulk barn... as we were walking to the supermarket the Man decided he wanted to pick up one of McD's $1 drinks because he was thirsty so the boy and I just kept walking toward the store... the Boychild was trying to put his juice bottle back into his back pack as we were walking and .... *smash!* right between The Source and The Hallmark store his juice bottle turned into a bomb that scared us and the people around us... immediately I was making sure he was alright and he didn't get cut by flying glass...we barely had a moment to do that when from two stores down a woman was coming out of the Payless Shoe Source smiling and going on about how everything was ok and she was on the phone with the custodial people to have someone come down to clean it all up and how it was alright as everyone has accidents...the Boychild is a sensitive little sod, he had started crying (which made me think he was hurt) mainly because ...1 he dropped his juice and made a mess...2 he dropped his juice and he had 'just' bought it and only had a few sips from it and 3 because he got scared by the noise... the Payless lady not only called to have it cleaned up...she gave him a handful of stickers and told him a story about something that happened to her like that...she asked if I had the money to replace the drink and said if I didn't she'd find some so that he could have another drink... I assured he I did and that I was just going to take him over to the McD's to  grab him a soda or something from there to make up for the juice... after she had told him about her own story that mirrored his... a man that was sitting not too far away came over and told him that he was a good boy and that he shouldn't worry about it...then told us about his 9 grandchildren...

It was a real heart warming few minutes that restores your faith in people... that they would be willing to try to help the Boychild try to feel better as well... I didn't chastise him about dropping the juice, I wouldn't have even if those people weren't there to step up and tell him it was ok...

We started walking back over to the food court where the Man was and told him he missed all the excitement...he got us double cheeseburgers and got the Boychild a soda that was so big he had to hold it with both hands...so we sat for a few minutes and told him what happened before we went on our way to get the groceries...

Just a side note... I'm going to continue avoiding any and all McD's food (and shakes) except for the one in the town where I grew up... it does bad things to my gastrointestinal system... which I knew but didn't figure one cheeseburger would hurt... it did... :(

No comments: