Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I Just Can't Wait To Get On The Road Again...

And now I can start the official countdown... and every so often I'll squee at inopportune and inappropriate times... because it's now official that I'll be going to Nevada in August... in ...25 days...

it's like a countdown to christmas... *laughs*

but before that happens...

I have a birthday party, a ribfest, a week of alone time, womens retreat, and a whole lot of other stuff to do...

the kids didn't get out of school this year until the 29th of June so they've technically only got 2 months of summer as they go back on the 6th of September... So trying to get some stuff done with them that we can in that time period...

went to the exchange student camp on Sunday with the Man, my Sis and the Boychild... heard the presentations from the kids from the different countries and what it's been like for them here thus far... they all seemed really well mannered and polite... and though they all had really thick accents they tried really hard to make sure we all understood them... it made me remember why I joined Lions in the first place and that was for the youth programs... doesn't mean I'm signing back up to be a Lion in the fall... but I will be getting in contact to be a host family next year and possibly help out at the camp... at least it's run by Lions that I actually like... 13 countries were represented by 16 students... only 2 of which were boys... (lucky them)

I wanted to take the family out for dinner tonight but looks as though we'll be doing that tomorrow *glances at the time* err.. later today... the three of us haven't gone out for awhile and I need to go out and look at the prices of a couple of things at the store next to the restaurant anyway... so that's a good excuse :D

We've decided on a puppy for my birthday... since that's the middle of fall and we'll all be settled back into our routines... I can't wait... I'm just hoping there will be a litter of mastiffs around that time... I think I've finally made up my mind on one of them... I'd love a newf but they're always so expensive to get as pups (upwards of  $2000)... so I think I'll contact the local breeder for the mastiffs to see if they think they'll have a litter then...or maybe know of other breeders that might...not looking for papers with the pup just a good healthy pup...

Burton's all registered for the womens retreat which makes me happy... her registering (just like me getting my return ticket from NV) has made it a reality that I'm actually going... so of course I'm very much being a girl at the moment and thinking about what it is I'm going to pack (for both the retreat and the trip to Nevada)... I've already started my packing list so that I don't forget anything... surprisingly enough the least amount of stuff on the list is clothing...lol actually by looking at the list of clothing one would think the retreat is clothing optional...
I'm just not overly excited by whom else will be there... but then I suppose there will be lots of others there to mingle with.

It looks as though since I'm getting back home on a Tues after midnight that I'll be sleeping in the airport for about 9 hrs before getting on a bus to come back home after my trip to Nevada... it'll be like Denver all over again...lol Only this time I'll be a stones throw away from home...I asked Pirate Girl if she might be able to pick me up and let me sleep on her couch and drop me back off at the airport in the morning to get my bus... but unfortunately not an option as her girls have to go to school that next morning and she is working the next morning as well...lol I need more friends in Western NY... *laughs*
I had entertained the thought of walking to and from her place...then I realized what I was thinking... walking to the west side of Buffalo after midnight... um yeah... no... *shake head* at least at the airport there will be a security guard and a janitor to keep me company...
So I'll be getting home the same time as the Boychild gets home from his second day of school...Yay! Buses!

I love adventures... and next month I get to go on 2!! I'm really very squee about it all...

but now I must get to bed...

No comments: