Friday, July 08, 2011

Mmmm whatcha say... Mmmm that you only meant well?

oh what to say ... what to say... more like oh where should I start...

haven't been sleeping well...been worried, getting anxious and nervous...not really for good reasons...
I'm supposed to be getting on a plane and going to Reno next month and I have no return ticket... and I'm starting to worry that I'm going to be out $200 bucks... been pretty much told by The Man that if there's no return ticket then I'm not going anywhere... *le sigh* he has good reasons obviously for saying that...

it's just starting to feel like I'm not going when I even have the confirmation in my email that I have a ticket... it's making me really sad... talked to the Man about whether or not we'd be able to get the return flight ourselves... and we might be able to scrape it together as long as the ticket prices don't get any higher...

interesting side bar... if my cell phone is beside my monitor I can predict when I'm going to get a text just moments before it comes in... *shrugs*

I have a chip in my screen at the bottom left hand corner of the screen... annoying when trying to type or read...four times now I've reached forward to try to wipe it off thinking it was a smudge... wouldn't have to worry about it if I would just get off my lazy ass and change out the monitor for the one that Burton brought over for me... but man this CRT is fucking heavy as hell... it can wait a bit longer til the Man's here again...

speaking of which *insert preemptive sigh here* ... I've had a really horrible week... the doorbell or door banging has woken me up all week... do you understand what happens to your body when you get startled awake?? (by doorbells, alarm clocks, knocking, dickheads screaming...just a couple examples...) there is a rush of adrenaline that quickly courses through your blood stream and when it gets to your heart it makes it race and go crazy fast...as you are jumping out of bed to deal with whatever startled you... now... what happens to me is the exact same thing except that my heart doesn't slow down so that I can put my hand to my chest chuckle and say 'oh that startled me'... mine goes from racing to dead stop to a fucked up beat... and takes it's sweet merry fucking time slowing down... all that causes me to be very light headed and need to lay down again as now my body is very tired...

it also leads to later on in the day my heart getting startled as I sit and watch SpongeBob or while I sit here checking emails... I like to sometimes think of my heart as a really skittish cat... it just jumps and freaks out at nothing... so for a few days this week I unfortunately spent the majority of my day laying in a bed or on the couch... 3 deliveries, 2 visits for the landlady, and a Jehovah's Witness all sent me to lay back down after they arrived at my door... Finally today I'd had enough.

I called the Man and told him to tell his mother that he 'had' to be home on Saturday. So after talking to her he informed me that she's too sick to drive the 5 hrs back to her house... *inserting sigh again* So I was pissed. He called back later and asked me to look up times and fares for him to take the Greyhound home... long story made a bit shorter... he's heading home tomorrow...without the dresser for the friend of ours he was supposed to bring home, without the cat tree that was supposed to be brought here, without all the bags of laundry he took up there to do (since she has a functioning washer and dryer) and with whatever leftover cold/flu he picked up last week... but at least he'll be here, home again.

I've been making earrings like there's no tomorrow... now I just need to start selling them to make some of my money back for the materials... I'm going to be taking them up to the retreat I'm going to in Aug...and I'm hoping to get in on one of the more local festivals to sell them as well... I just need to figure where the hell you get a vendors permit and vending insurance... *shrugs* I think I should just get a business license/number and some business insurance and see if I'm covered to do festivals and open events, maybe even the market with those... I dunno...
Anyway... I've also been making these Tree of Life ornaments... and a woman on my Aunt's facebook saw one that I had made for our mutual friend and contacted me to find out if I would make her one and how much I would charge for it... so I finished it the other night and sent her a picture... she loves it and can't wait to get it. Apparently she lives in Texas... so that's sort of Awesome... :)

Tree of Life Ornament
I've done a few now... the one above is 4 inches in diameter. I've also made a couple that are smaller as well. Anyway... she told me today that she's sent out the cheque... it's been suggested I wait until it comes before sending out the ornament but I dunno...I want to mail it out before I put it 'somewhere safe' and then lose it...

Sent a message the other day to a friend of mine to see how he was doing as he was back in the hospital with an issue with his foot... he had already had to deal with a couple of toes being amputated before and apparently a couple of the others went dark in colour and not looking too good... seems he had to get those two removed as well... I'm not exactly worried about the amputation but I am rather worried because he's in one of the hospitals in the area that has a C.difficile outbreak going on right now... there's four hospitals in the area that have outbreaks going on... 2 in St Catharines, 1 in Welland and 1 in Niagara Falls...

And of course the latest update is that someone died in Welland from it and of course that's the hospital that he's in... so far there's been 17 deaths in the area... it's no wonder I've not gone to get my jaw looked at yet...

talking about my health... knew I had to be leading up to it eventually...
I've had jaw pain on the right side so bad I've not been able to chew on that side or sleep on that side...I've been spotting/bleeding for over 21 days...and my tailbone is still killing me no matter how I sit... hell it hurts in the morning after not even laying on it... oh and I broke a fingernail the other day :D

in semi good news...
I've had both boys all week... I know it's summer and I know I'm supposed to delight in the fact that I have both my kids and we can do things together...omg they drive me bonkers... *laughs* they end up making me throw up my hands, while shaking my head and sighing because if I don't laugh I'd likely cry..lol
I did not grow up with boys...I grew up in a house with 3 women and my Dad... my sister and I and my Mum...Boys are crazy! they break shit without realizing it... sometimes they're dumber then a bag of hammers...they're all arms and legs...they smell funny and sometimes just downright refuse to bathe...they wrestle and make weird noises all the time...
bah... even sitting here I'm laughing to myself at the dumb shit they do...

the Manchild picked up the Boychild by the waist turned him upside down and started to shake him up and down... it looked like something from a cartoon when they come looking for money... Boychild is screaming for help...Manchild is laughing his head off... me? I'm trying to do dishes... I turn and after telling him to put his brother down, ask Manchild what he did that for (picture raised  eyebrows in disbelief...) and he shrugs and says 'Dunno...just felt like doing it...' I had nothing....I blinked, shook my head and went back to doing the dishes as they started laughing and were suddenly ninjas...

they were the loudest ninjas I'd ever heard... I'm so glad I love my kids...I'm also so glad that Auntie (my Sis) offered to pick them up tomorrow, keep them for the night and maybe not even bring them back home until Sunday!! (well Manchild will be heading back to his dad's on the weekend for the week) crazy boys make for crazy Mums... I need that on a button!

I've recently been eyeing ads for dogs... talked it over with the Man while he's been gone and he's agreed that we can get one... I've fallen in love with this cute 9 week old pup it's an Akita/Shepard mix... and I'd buy him tomorrow if I could... I'm just waiting to see what's going on with my ticket... get the pup = no getting the ticket... that's the sort of thing that's going on with that... just my luck though by the time I know what's what with the ticket... the pup will likely already be gone... I spoke with the Man about maybe if I called them and put like a deposit on him... but...  I dunno... but we're definitely going to get a dog... I've really missed not having one. And I know that I've said in a past post that I don't think I'd be able to find a better dog then Stinken (Buck) but... I really really miss having a dog.
Then again we (the Man and I) have also discussed maybe not getting one until September... after all the traveling of the summer is finished and we're back into a normal routine with school and stuff. So maybe I'll just wait the two months and then start looking again.

I can't wait until Saturday... I'm getting a reprieve! I've not really left the house (except to go to the corner for milk) since last weekend... so Burton and I are making a trip to the craft store! Yay! more beads, wire and hoops are in order :) what a sad existence when going out for an hour for shopping makes me this excited... yes...I really don't get out much.

ooh and one last thing... I was so happy to find out that Arizona has come out with a Southern Style Real Brewed Sweet Tea!! *queues the heavenly music* totally reminds me of all my times down south (as there have been a few now) I fell in love with Sweet Tea when I first went to North Carolina in like 2002...and now anytime that I'm down that way and further I order it wherever I go!
which was funny watching my sisters face the first time she ordered it thinking she'd be getting ice tea like we get here at home...


anyway... on that funny ass image... I'm heading to lock up for the night and going to lay down to read my book... Night Y'all 

No comments: