Saturday, June 30, 2012

My Week In Review

I TOOK A SHOWER!!

ok more on that later...but first...

I'm going to rewind it a bit back to Tuesday...or as I like to call it...the day in Hell...

I had to go to the ortho clinic at the hospital to get the cast off and get my 'stitches' out...I put stitches in quotes because well...the doc told me that I would be getting my stitches out on that day but lo and behold...the nurse (bitch) cut the cast off and ta-da! I didn't have stitches...I had staples.

before I went to the clinic

I say 'bitch' about the nurse because...I was getting my staples taken out and I was telling her that it hurt real bad and she kept telling me to relax and to not tense up...as she is pulling small metal bits out of my skin that really fucking hurts I'm supposed to just sit back and drink a mai tai or some shit...

the lovely incision site and my staples
all of a sudden I was completely covered in a sheen of sweat, felt light headed, and the world was starting to fall away...I mumbled that I suddenly didn't feel good...The Man told her I wasn't feeling good...she says 'oh yeah she's going into shock' and continues taking out the stitches and puts the bandage on it and says 'ok hon you're done' as if I'm supposed to jump down off the table and walk out...I was pale and dizzy...I shook my head and asked for water...she goes and grabs it for me as the world continues spinning...I take a sip of water and shake my head again...I told her I needed to lay down...and just laid down taking deep breaths and tried to relax and not focus on the pain in my leg...

the new brace (that is shit) as I wait for The Man to get the car
As I was leaving it felt like I had just run a marathon...I was so tired and drained....

When I got home I couldn't take the pain any longer and just broke down and cried....and cried...and then I couldn't take it anymore and got The Man to adjust my brace in case there was any issues and that's why it hurt...and omg...you can adjust the bottom of it...all he did was undo the velcro piece at the bottom and I just started sobbing...

the brace had been done up way to tight by Nurse Ratchet...and I left it for awhile thinking she knew what she was doing...she didn't...

so as all the blood rushed back to the incision site it hurt like nothing I had felt before...and couldn't contain it so I cried out and just started sobbing...I felt so bad for The Man because he didn't know what to do...and all my crying brought tears to his eyes...

(Boys are dragon slayers...when Girls have problems, Boys want to slay them...when they have nothing to 'slay' they just don't know what to do...it's kinda cute)

He took such good care of me.

I ended up breaking down and taking some pain killers (T3's) and all they did was make me nauseous...so my awesome derby wife (Burton) found this out and was a sweetheart and brought me some gravol...

so I was pairing the gravol with the T3's and finally was able to get to sleep...it was a medicated sleep...but at least it was sleep...

Wednesday...not as bad...

I've been really uncomfortable...and in pain now and then but mostly just in a lot of discomfort in regards to my leg...

Yesterday was the first day that The Man and I took the bandage off to clean the incision site ...

cleaning day Friday
We weren't sure whether or not to take the steri-strips off (still seen in pic) so I sent a quick text to Parker (your friendly neighbourhood nurse) and asked about the steri-strips...I was surprised when I got a text back from her that said 'omw' bit stunned that she was coming over to check it out...she said she'd be here in about ten minutes...The Man had (before she got here) cleaned the incision site with saline and (as per Parkers orders) put some polysporin on it..he got some awesome triple antibiotics vitamin enriched heal fast formula polysporin...so Parker got here and said she was on her way into the city to go on a date so I had good timing...lol

She checked out the site said it was looking good but that I should keep the steri-strips on for another day or two.

They're there because when nurse Ratchet took the staples out that area wasn't healed together as much as the rest of it

I have to say that I'm so thankful that Kimi-Kazzi asked her MiL about the air cast that she had used when she fractured her ankle...it is so much more comfortable then the one we had to buy that the doc told us to get...

air cast without the boot part - little bubble is for pumping it full of air
 It's nice to just put it on for awhile when the hard plastic brace that I got according to doc's orders gets way to uncomfortable.

which it did...this morning.

I took a real actual shower for the first time today since the break occurred 3 weeks ago...it was really tiring...

I have a tiny shower stall in the bathroom...so it was difficult...The Man stood right outside the shower...with the shower door open...in case I lost my balance...yanno since I was showering while standing on one leg...
my right leg was like a rock...ended up shaking under the strain of standing there like that for so long...

still haven't shaved my legs...but at least I was able to get rid of the jungle in my pits...lol

if you've never broken anything...let alone anything in your leg...you never know how tiring everything suddenly becomes...

The Man was lifting me out of the shower, and all I could do was sigh because all I wanted was a nap...

I had gone from bed to the bathroom to have a shower...and all I wanted to do was lay down and go back to sleep...

that's it for my update...

No comments: