Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Learn All The Things!!

So I enjoy learning and have really loved taking these online courses.

They keep me busy... keep me distracted...and...teach me stuff that I didn't know before... and colour me geeky but I enjoy them...

I completed Introductory Human Physiology (Duke)...I do not have any sort of background in science of any kind... I quit sciences in grade 10 and wasn't interested in them...likely because of how they were taught and what was being taught...just not stuff I was interested in...when I went to college I dropped my Horticulture program because there was 'too much science'... so yes I was a little disappointed with the grade that I received was such a low grade in this course... but after some thought I realized that I did pretty well for a non-science person... so I'm not ashamed to admit I only received 55.6% in that course.

I also completed a Social Psychology (Wesleyan) course as well, now psych is something I am most definitely interested in and it usually comes quite naturally, and I absolutely loved this course. I dropped the ball one week and missed half of the assignment that I needed to hand in, talk about a large-ass fucking brain fart. I know I would have done much better if I would have gotten it finished too. So not quite so proud of my 70.5% but still happy to complete it.

I've just completed (yesterday) another psych course (with a long ass name) The Mind Is Flat: The Shocking Shallowness of Human Psychology (Warwick). It was a different sort of layout and through a different web site, but was still a very interesting course that just made me think a bit more about...well... a lot of things and how it is humanity tends to think about stuff. Walked away from that one with a 76.2%, but also didn't have the money to be driving up to Toronto to pay to take an exam, so that percentage is just from the tests that we did each week throughout the course.

I was also in a course Think Again: How To Reason and Argue (Duke)...however...I got to the last weekend of it and there was a choice of doing the exam for the course or go to New York City... I chose NYC. :D
(Wouldn't you?)
So I did sign back up for that course again so that I can finish it, only because it does bother me that I didn't get it finished.


So besides patting myself on the back for doing something constructive with my time to distract me. I also wanted to post about the courses because I've signed up for some more...lol

I thought I had spread them out enough so that I wouldn't be swamped like I was before with the three at the same time...apparently not...lol

Coming up...

January 13th - Think Again: How To Reason and Argue (Duke)
January 15th - Introduction to Communication Science (Amsterdam)
January 27th - Corpus Linguistics: Method, Analysis, Interpretation (Lancaster)
February 17th - Understanding Drugs and Addiction (King's)
March 31st - Introduction to Public Speaking (Washington)
March 31st - Forensic Science and Criminal Justice (Leicester)

So as I was putting these into my calendar I sort of went... uh oh... some of these (ok...most) courses will overlap each other by a few weeks...

I believe in March, four of them will over lap for a couple of weeks, two will end on the 31st of March just in time for the two others to start that day...

all I say to this is...


No comments: