Wednesday, March 02, 2005

At The End Of The Day We Should Give Thanks And Pray...

Ok so I'm back...

First I want to say I'm completely disgusted with the Ontario Government and I can't believe this bill was passed.... fuckin idiots...

Now onto me...

went to the doctors today as I said earlier...

after talking to him about the "episodes" I was having and telling him all the symptoms he has put me on a "beta blocker" known as Monocor...

the history of this goes back to 1998... 3 days before I graduated highschool I had my first episode... didn't think too much about it... next time it happened I went to the hospital... they didn't catch it while it was happening... this went on a couple more times... until one day I was with Raistlan at work... around the corner from the hospital and as soon as it started friends of mine rushed me over to the hospital.. where they caught it in action... my heart rate was recorded at 200 beats per minute (give or take a beat here or there)... ever since then they've never been able to catch it again...
I went into the doctors office... he had diagnosed me as having anxiety attacks... and put me on an anti-depressant... I didn't like them and stopped using them after two months... and sent me to a cardiologist...saw her and she said she didn't hear any abnormalities...after that I haven't been back to talk to him about them...until today.
I walked in... told him everything... told him the exact sequence that all the symptoms appear in... thats when he realized that it wasn't anxiety attacks... he also noticed going thru my file that the cardiologist I had seen had sent him a letter stating that he might want to prescribe a beta blocker for me, and apparently she had scheduled an appointment for me to come in and have some other more indepth procedure done to take a closer look at my heart... I and he didn't know about either of them... this was almost 6 years ago...
So here I sit at the age of 26... gonna be 27 in September... and I've just found out I have a heart condition....

I'm not too sure what else to say...

it's still rolling around in my head...

heart condition....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heart conditions aren't as uncommon or really as bad as all that. I'm glad they caught it, and hopefully the beta blocker will stop them from happening.

Anonymous said...

all i was saying was you're not dead and that's a good thing.

I'll just go back to shutting the fuck up and not commenting.

The Witch Doctor said...

true it is a good thing I'm not dead...

I'm sorry I snapped...

I'm just still upset about it...

you don't hafta shut my's sorry...

Anonymous said...

It's all good, I shouldn't have snapped back at you.