Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Was A Good Friend Of Mine...

we have a communist toad... or at least thats the joke right now... lol Raistlan was reading up on Gambits new pet when he ran across we're they are normally found... "Native to: China, Korea, and Southeast Asia"

A
nyway so yeah thats what's new...

The kids have pets... Keenan got a beta fish that is a strange yellow colour which he has named "chicken huntin' "... don't ask it would be a long story and conventional moms would go bright red and pass out if they knew where he got it...Gambit as you can see got a toad... which I gotta say. Sometimes I hate PetSmart... I went there to get the pets... they usually have a good policy about live animals and yada yada yada...

however I gotta say if it wasn't for look on my kids face when I told him there was no way I was getting the toad that day...I would have been walking out of there with nothing....

every single time I asked the girl that worked there what else would be needed for the toad she looked in my cart and told me something else...or told me what I had already selected was not good enough...
I had picked out a small aquarium because we were only getting one toad... she looked at it and said... "that won't be big enough you need at least a 10 gallon tank for a fire belly toad" .... excuse me?? the toad is an inch long and she's telling me it needs a 10 gallon tank?? "oh they really like to swim" she says... ok so I put the little one back and grab a starter kit 10 gallon aquarium...and I grab all the stuff that she told me I would need... so I stop in an aisle and realize the 10 dollar toad we were getting all of a sudden turned into 185 dollars worth of stuff in the cart... I told Gambit that we weren't going to be able to get the toad that day... the last straw was telling me the friggin thing eats live crickets and will only eat live crickets... and oh yeah don't forget about the "kricket keeper" you need and the food for the crickets.... WTF???
I looked at Raistlan and said fuck it.. put back the 10 gallon tank... grabbed the small one again.. put back the heater and put back all the other shit she told me I would need... we cut the price of the stuff in our cart from 186 to around 75 bucks... fucking sales people... I hate them...but I did get a fucky cool fish bowl for Keenans Beta..... anyway...
so everyone is all set up and happy as can be....

oh yeah and I'm becoming a regular fire bellied toad wiz.... reading up on them and such... these lil suckers can live up to 10 to 16 years... so I told Gambit if he's really good to his toad... he can take it too college with him... then I realized that at 9 cents a cricket, 5 crickets a day, 365 days of the year for 10 years this thing will cost $1 642.50 to feed if it lives that long....
so when you see those commercials that ask for "just 45 cents a day" now you know how much money you would give them if you did that for 10 years... (thinks to myself... this kid is getting a newspaper route)

anyway thats all thats really new...

oh yeah actually couple more things...
haven't been able to get ahold of my dad... fucker apparently never listens to his answering machine...
and the medication has been kicking my ass.... I'm getting most of the side effects that come from taking it...work has been nice about it... actually I should say the Major has been really nice about it... being a lil more lenient about my break times and such...

Anyway... I gotta go... my head kinda hurts today... damn weather...

2 comments:

reesie said...

i can relate to the toad $$ my $15 dollar turtle turned into a $300 turtle REAL quick, but he'll live a really long time too,so i guess it's worth it,, he misses you by the way wink wink,, couldn't resist,,LOL

rfun6 said...

turtle? Whos talking about the turtle? Huh?