Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Music Makes The World Go 'Round... Not Love...

I'm constantly using song lyrics for the titles of my blog entries... so I decided to share a list of some of my favourite lines from songs

"I'll let it pass and hold my tongue and you will think that I've moved on" Dido - White Flags

"Now I lay me down not to sleep, I just get tangled in the sheets" Bare Naked Ladies - Who Needs Sleep

"But my dreams they are just empty as my conscience seems to be, I have hours only lonely, my love is vengence thats never free." The Who - Behind Blue Eyes

"I just want to fly, what ya want? what ya really want? Dance a lil stranger show me where you've been" Sugar Ray - Fly

"I only meant to love you, didn't you know it baby, why couldn't you be content with the love I gave" Joss Stone - The Choking Kind

"I wanna be haunted by the ghost, of your precious love.... I build my world around you I bless the day I found you...I'll stay beside you I'll never leave or tell you all those lies that you never believe" The Pogues ft. Sinead O'Connor - Haunted

"I remember falling, I remember marching like a one man army... I believe in something, I don't want to remember falling, for your lies" Our Lady Peace - One Man Army

"I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired... I'm sick and tired of being critisized, I'm sick and tired of barely gettin by, I'm sick and tired of not living right" Nappy Roots - Sick And Tired

"If you wanna leave, take good care, hope you have a lot of nice things to wear, but then a lot of nice things turn bad out there, oh baby baby its a wild world its hard to get by on just a smile..I'll always remember you like a child" Mr Big - It's A Wild World

"All day staring at the ceiling making friends with shadows on my wall, all night hearing voices telling me that I should get some sleep because tomorrow might be good for something, hold on, feeling like I'm headed for a break down and I don't know why, but I'm not crazy I'm just a little unwell, I know right now ya can't tell but stay awhile and maybe then you'll see a different side of me" Matchbox20 - Unwell

"Incase you realize that sometimes you're just not ok,You need to understand that theres nothing strange about this, You need to know your friends, You need to know that I'll be waving my hand watching you drown, watching you scream quiet or loud, and maybe you should sleep, and maybe you just need a friend" Our Lady Peace - Clumsy

"For somebody who don't drive, I've been all around the world, some people say I've done alright as a girl" & "I'm ok alone but you got something I need" Janis Joplin - Rollerskate Song

"Barrels in your mouth, bullets to your head,The back of your neck’s all over the shed
Boomshacka boom chop chop" Insane Clown Posse - Chicken Huntin'

"Bitch, I go down south, With a piece of wheat hanging out my mouth, And sport a funky-ass straw hat, But after I hit it...motherfuck that!" Insane Clown Posse - Redneck Ho

So theres some of my favourite lyrics from different songs.... todays favourite song lyrics are from the song : The Ghosts That Haunt Me by Crash Test Dummies ....I dedicate this to all of you! Do you have any skeletons?

There's a skeleton in everybody's closet

I can think of one or two in my own room

But I would like to introduce them both to you

Shake their bony hands and so dispell the gloom



'Cause you're so kind

I know you would not mind

Send away the ghosts that haunt me now

And the things I fear

Just wouldn't seem so near

And when I stroll out late at night

There would be nothing rattling at my heels



There are nights when all my aching bones won't let me sleep

Demons come to plague me as I lie in bed

But I know if you were sleeping there beside me then

That you could fend them off and they would let me rest



There are nights

When the wind comes howling through my old place

I have dreams

And I wake up with the sweat pouring down my face

And I wait till the morning comes



There will come a time I fear when all my days are done

And they will come collect my corpse and bury me

But I hope you'll come over to the Other Side

To join me in our new life, keep me company

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hehe, I think I have enough skeletons to form my own undead army.... mmmmm... undead minions


sometimes, I realize I play too much D&D