Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Reason #10,569 Why I Love My Guy

Laying on our bed watching a movie the phone rings at 7:30pm.

oh wait gotta back up for a second.

So I have what's called 'Call Privacy' on my phone. Pretty much if you call me with a blocked number you get a message first that states that I have this service and that you have one of two options you can choose at that point.

Option 1 - Press the * key to release the id of your phone number, which will then pop up on my id screen.

Option 2- Press # and type in a phone number, which will pop up on my id screen

Keeping that in mind I'll continue...

So the phone rings and Raistlan jumps up to answer it, now a lot of the time he reads out the number if it doesn't seem familiar to him and I'll tell him who it is if I recognize the number.
He rattles off the number on the display and as I'm processing the number which in my head a little voice is going 'Wait a second we know this number' - then out it slips as he's pressing the talk button "That's our phone number" in an odd questioning kind of way.
This is what I hear as I say that

*beep* (of talk button being pressed) "I know that I am not calling myself" in a 'don't be fucking stupid' kind of way coming from Raistlan *beep* (of the off button being pressed)

I lost it, I started laughing so hard I thought I was going to piss myself.
You see one of the collectors that loves calling us seems to think it's more likely that we're going to answer the phone if we see our own phone number on the display. That's the first time either of us had actually answered it though.

We went back to watching our movie after we stopped laughing, but every once in a while one of us would snicker quietly as we thought about it again.

2 comments:

Anna said...

What slick lil bugfuckers they are....or so they think, Ry's smarter!

I'm still giggling about it.

*hugs*

Moon said...

OMG thats just to funny....1 for Ry!! hehe