Monday, April 02, 2012

Even Oranges?!?

This whole change of my diet has been one experiment after another...so I'll likely bore you with posts about some of them...like...um...now...

I just finished my dinner...I made baked pork loin with a creamy masala sauce, baked asparagus, steamed carrots, sliced tomatoes and a bit of cheese... it was very yummy... though I have to admit that I didn't feel very full at all...and was left with a craving for something sweet...so...

according to the doctor I could still have fruit but to quarter larger pieces of fruit... so we bought some oranges for the Boychild the other day...I cut it in half and sliced up half of it for me and the other half for the Boychild...

approximately 15 minutes after finishing the orange slices I got a headache...and a strange pressure behind my nose/eyes...

I know that it's not just from fruit...because I've been able to snack  on blackberries, strawberries, mangoes and pineapple in small quantities...so apparently oranges are a no go...

the other night I was so sick of water that while at the hotel I ended up getting a mango smoothie...oy that was a mistake...

I got about 1/3 of a way through it and started to feel drunk...there's no way else to describe it...feeling light headed and woozy and like I just wanted to lay down...

Gave the rest of it to the Manchild...

Couple of weeks ago had a huge sweet craving and ended up buying a chocolate bar from the Boychild...huge mistake that day as well...huge headache...sick to my stomach...

so yeah...don't think I'll be trying that again either... I'm just surprised that the few slices of an orange is giving me the same reaction that the chocolate bar did...

so from now on I must remember that no matter how much I crave sweet/sugar

Sugar = headache, irritability, light headedness, stomach ache, low energy....

 Colour me unhappy.

No comments: