Monday, April 09, 2012

Patience...It's a Virtue, right?

Went off to see the doctor again today...

I went by myself today and had yet another fantastic visit with him...

we talked about he changes that have been happening since my last visit...and afterward I asked him about the shin splints that I've been getting when I'm at roller derby...which he thinks is awesome btw... out of the four causes of shin splints I am likely to have two...one moreso then the other...

the backs of my legs (hamstrings) are too tight...so I need to work those out...with...you guessed it...more stretches...did it a few times in his office and sure as shit stretched 'em out... so... before derby and after, and when I get up and before I go to bed... all when I'm supposed to do my stretches...

so on the TMI front... have to keep making notes of all  the changes in my 'menstrual cycle' ... he's never seen anyone have changes as quick as I have and is interested to see how this goes... (see it wasn't that gross...coulda gone way into details :P)


The Boychild had his birthday this past weekend...he turned 11 on Saturday...yikes...I'm really starting to feel old I swear...we went out go-karting and mini putting before heading back to my Mum's to have dinner...dried out pork loin with dried out chicken...and some veggies...

I'd have to say that my Mum seems really supportive about the whole diet change sometimes and then so not very supportive...while at her house she asked me if I made sure to get enough of the foods I could eat before everyone else...but then while I was out grocery shopping with her today she was suggesting some things that were on sale...and when my answer was 'I can't eat that anymore' she would shake her head and mumble something about how she wasn't sure what my doctor was talking about... o.O srsly?

I myself have noticed the difference in my weight loss and how I feel since changing my diet...and yet she knows more about what will help me then my doctor does...
Her whole theory has always been... 'you need to lose wait'... yeah well...at least the doctor said 'you need to lose weight...and here's how you need to do it...'
I think I'll stick with my doctors advice instead. I don't think she completely understands what exactly is going on with Sugar Toxicity...

Patience.

Patience is what I need...in dealing with my mother, dealing with my lack of ability with roller derby, dealing with my slow weight loss...dealing with everything... patience...



No comments: