Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Cold Enough For Ya?

It's -13 degrees...(Celsius that is...) with the windchill it was (last night -21) I know because as I stood outside on the front porch shivering my ass off having a smoke I checked the weather on my phone...

In the house...it was... -13 degrees...

It was so cold last night when I went to bed I was wrapped up in my polar fleece housecoat with my fuzzy socks on, under our duvet (and sheets)...I was just going to lay like that until I warmed up a bit.

Laying there reading the nook there was actually condensation on the screen because of my breathing while reading, adjusted the position of it so I wasn't breathing on it and tried to continue reading but couldn't see the screen properly because of the fact that I could see my breath...so I slipped under the blanket tented it a bit and kept reading completely under the blanket...obviously the cold had started to affect the nook because it went a bit wonky a couple of times...seems all good again though it warmed up a bit while under the blankets...

I have never felt so cold save for once...not this past trip to Reno but the one before that...

it's supposed to be down in the negatives for a bit yet so it looks like I'll be digging out the electric blanket to put it back on our bed...

and giving the kids a couple of extra blankets as well...

the heating in this house has always been fucked up... (as to say there is no source of heating in our bedroom at all)... but this year it's been especially fucked up because usually the radiators that provide heat for upstairs  at least work... this year...not so much...

there's been some talk about finding a new place to move to but I was seriously wanting to try to save up to move farther away...but I don't think that will be possible with the amount of rent we pay each month...so instead we'll save up so that we can move out into a smaller place that is hopefully more affordable and better on the utility bills...

until then... more blankets and the electric blanket for us...and hope that winter decides to not last very long and and goes back to being a bit milder...

Suppose it would be good to get out of this house and away from it's ghosts for me as well...



The Man and I ringing in the new year...so excited about the new year.

No comments: