Saturday, January 05, 2013

Three Months and Three Days.

Wow...the 17th eh...

I didn't really realize it had been that long since my last post. Well I mean I suppose I sort of did since I kept saying to myself throughout the month 'I really should sit down and blog'...

Some of the video games rec'd for Christmas
I've been hitting the escapism pretty hard...tv shows, movies, books, video games...If I'm not using the PS3 to play one of my games then I'm at my desk playing games on my new phone while watching a movie or tv show or I'm in bed reading a book...The nook truly is getting a run...I've used it everyday/night since before it was technically given to me...I've read 13 novels and at least 16 short stories/novellas  since early October...yeah where's the English teachers reading competitions now...now I'd actually be willing to participate...

I suppose at some point I should say 'oh merry christmas and happy new year' but frankly...don't give a shit...

Yes. Colouring Books. 
Even now while I'm sitting here typing this I keep getting distracted by my email, my facebook my phone... I think part of the problem has become that blogging isn't as cathartic as it used to be for me...I can't say all the things I'd like to say in my posts anymore...I feel as though I have to keep some stuff to myself now for fear that it might upset someone... not sure why...not sure why I'm even concerning myself with that...but... *shrugs*

That's the feeling I've been getting...so it's not like I'm not posting because I have nothing to say or nothing to talk about...I guess I just get this feeling like I can't talk as freely as I'd like too...sort of defeats the purpose of journalling for therapeutic reasons doesn't it...

So I suppose I'll just talk about the shallow stuffs for now and see if I can't get back into the swing of it and trusting my blog again...

Some Board Games that we Rec'd unsure about the Twister...
I suppose I should have been doing my weigh in today since it is not only the beginning of a month but also the beginning of the new year...however...I've been such an asshole over the holiday season...such an asshole....and also I have my period and there's no way between being an asshole AND having my period that I'm doing my measurements...so I'll wait until the period part moves on and only the asshole part is left...so I'm sure I'll get to that in the next couple of days....and likely when the boys have gone back to school...not saying I look horribly fat or anything like that...I just have noticed that I haven't been as flat as I had been getting...damn holidays...damn hot chocolate and hot apple ciders being so tasty...That's not the only things that did me in over the holiday but...not going to waste the time to list them all...

So...going back...

My MIL is my Kitchen Fairy at Xmas time.
Christmas was good...went to Krammit's and had dinner with her and the kids, got together with my Dad and his girlfriend (whom I finally got to meet), went to Mum's on Christmas Eve....(that was weird and awkward), went back to Mum's Christmas morning (apparently whatever was 'wrong' worked itself out) The Man and the Boychild and I, all went out for Chinese dinner on Christmas day then we went to go see The Hobbit...Boxing Day ended up a shopping day after all...and yeah then The Man's mom came down to visit last night and took us out for dinner...

It was a good Christmas for us in a geeky sense... got some cool games both tabletop wise as well as console wise...got some cool new gadgets...new 2 TB HDD, The Man and I got new cellphones (as did the Boychild as well), new HDD for the PS3 (which The Man is having a bitch of a time trying to back up so that we all don't get upset about losing our games - he's very determined been at it for nearly a week)...
Kids at Krammits

new sock monkey slippers
I got some cool stuff as well...some monkeys to add to my growing collection, some new stuff for my skates,  new colouring books (yeah I know that sounds weird...I take my therapy where I can get it), new skull candy earbuds, some new clothes since most of mine don't fit, a new Rainbow Dash little figurine...what I find interesting is the fact that the stuff we got ourselves after christmas is what I get the most excited about...even though people asked before the holiday 'what do you want'... I gave them all the same answer...and didn't get that...

I get really tired when my family asks 'What do you want for Christmas?' and when I actually give them an answer (which is within reason...) still don't get it. I understand not getting me a new phone, or buying me a new hard drive, or an e-reader or even a video game because for the most part...those are the expensive things. I told everyone this year that all I wanted for Christmas was gift certificates to The Freshmeat Shoppe (derby store) not one of the 5 people I said that to got me one. Wouldn't have even cared if it was a 10$ GC because then it at least would tell me that an effort was made to truly get me something I actually wanted. *shrugs*

Me looking impressed in my new hat
I'm sure that someone would or possibly will come along and smack a #firstworldproblems label on my forehead...but really...it's not that I'm not thankful for the stuff I received and made sure to thank all of them...but don't ask me what I want if you have no intention of listening to the answer

that goes for all aspects of my life and not just in the gift giving arena... don't ask if you really aren't going to listen or care

I have to say the best person for that is Bing... he just doesn't ask...lol ~ let's me know what's what right there, it's rather refreshing in ways....instead of people asking and pretending to care and listen...he follows the mandate of just don't ask...

But anyway...

I asked Burton before Christmas... Is it odd that two of my exes are sending me Christmas gifts?
She said 'Yeah Kinda'

DrunkenMonkey sent me a gift...which was unexpected as he had never sent/given me anything for the last 10 years...lol
It was a cute masked and caped monkey from ThinkGeek...man I love that website... it seems appropriate a gift since it was he that seemed to keep swooping in when I needed someone to talk to while I was in Reno...

NYE Fondue. Great Idea. Shall keep doing it.

And I think this is where I'm going to leave off for now as I'm about to venture down avenues I'd really rather avoid at the moment...

Oh and just as a quick aside...I love...Love LOVE British television...just sayin.

No comments: