Friday, February 01, 2013

No Weigh In Today...But Try This On For Size...

Re-experiencing... Avoidance... Numbing...

Those are the three out of four that I have... I would have never thought it myself but when ya sit right down and think it through... I'm not sure if anxiety attacks would be a symptom as well but I do have those as well...

I would have never thought about it except that The Man made a comment that sort of stuck with me a few weeks ago until I finally started looking into it... I think if he hadn't made the comment I would have still been left wondering...

Now I need to figure out how to deal with it all...

It seemed to pop up even worse when stressed about the Manchild...which I should really sit down and vent about that situation as well...but...I just haven't had the heart to sit here crying to release all my frustrations while I type...

I started knitting again...

It's really therapeutic...it's like when Finnick just knots the rope over and over and over again during and after the Games it sort of keeps him from breaking down or freaking out...and when Katniss starts to feel herself slipping away and she visits with him he gives her some of his rope...and they tie and untie knots until their hands start to bleed just so they can keep it together (Hunger Games reference fyi)...the knitting seems to be doing that for me at the moment...just been sitting here each night knitting and watching Doctor Who...(that's a whole other blog post as well...my thoughts on Doctor Who and  on Whovians....lol)

I need to keep my hands busy or I start to feel a little crazy at times....so yeah...been trying to keep busy...

Anyway...I know I'm supposed to do my weigh in today but it seems that the devil of periods has decided to bestow upon me another gift...so...instead I give you the story I shared yesterday about my last year and my health and weight loss...weigh in to follow in the next day or two...


I wanted to sit down and tell ya all a little story about myself (how vain I know) :P

At this time last year I was approximately 225 to maybe 230 pounds. Of course I never would step on a scale because of the fact that well...I was fat.
Not only was I fat I was extremely unhealthy. I thought I had been eating a healthy and balanced diet when I was making sure that my family and I were eating from the food groups and not over indulging at meals, keeping snack/junk foods to a minimum and eating out rarely.

I, however, was no where near as healthy as I thought I was. I had been going to doctors for various reasons...had a heart condition, had issues with infertility, constant headaches, irritability, constant pain in my back, obesity and many other issues. What scared me the most was when I went to the doctor because I had had months of weakness, numbness, tingling and other strange symptoms happening in my legs and arms. I would be serving dinner and would drop plates full of food because my hands would suddenly go weak, or I would have to stay in bed for days because my legs would be so weak I would fall. I really believed that by the end of 2012 I would be in a wheelchair or worse.

My doctor had almost given up on me, having had me tested for some many things he had just wanted to label me as having fibromyalgia and leave it at that. However, me being the wonderfully persuasive person that I can be at times, told him that wasn't good enough. He sent me to a physiologist (who also has many other doctorates/certificates) who literally saved my life.

He put me on a very specific diet, gave me stretches that I have to do (to realign my hips, back, knees, ankles...) after having talked to me for nearly 2 hours to get a thorough medical history on me. It seems that I had sugar toxicity, where the foods I was eating when they would break down into sugar, as they all do at some rate, was slowly poisoning me. The diet was/is so strict that I can't have any grains, any starches or any sugar (of course)...and also had found out that most of my back pain was because I was way out of alignment in my pelvis and hips.

It's been nearly a year now that I've been following doctors orders (on the odd occasions where I'm an asshole to myself and have something I shouldn't)

Every month at the beginning of the month I do a weigh in and do my measurements from head to toe...it's one of my motivators (not a big one...but...) It's almost time for me to do it again...over the holidays I had made myself ill by eating stuff I really wasn't suppose to...(it was my first christmas with trying to stick to a strict diet...though I was good and stayed away from sweets)...

So since March of last year to last month I've lost overall 33 inches...and 50.8 pounds...(that's going up and down a bit of course...we all do) and going from a size 24 pants to a size 14...

What I need after doing this for a year (almost) is a group of friends who can help keep me going...during holidays, times of stress, that time of the month...when I really want sweets and comfort foods...

Xmas I believe of 2010 (might be 2009)

Jan 18th of 2013

No comments: