Thursday, October 20, 2005

Get Up, Come On Get Down With The Sickness...

So as many people know Raistlan and my hours are completely different now at work... which works for us... he works from 6am to 2:30pm and I work from 6pm to 11pm...

which pretty much means I'm sleeping when he leaves, He's sleeping when I get home... I joke and tell people that we sometimes bump into each other going in or out of the bathroom...
Sometimes (depending on the situation) I'm going to bed as he's getting up... well one of those situations reared it's ugly head last night... I was getting into bed at 4:30am and he was just waking up... so we ended up bumping into each other in bed >:D take that how ya want ... lol

The reason that I was rolling into bed was not just because I was talking to friends online... but also because Keenan (the youngest) wasn't feeling well, and he was kind up and down most of the night...


So after bumping into Raistlan in bed til 6am (he went in for 7 this morning) I finally fall asleep... only to be awoken by the sound of a small sob filled voice saying "Mommy my stomach really hurts" (I hate it when my baby's sick)
So I stumble out of bed.. give the boy some gravol, make him some toast and give him a cup of water... of course now I'm also trying to convince him that it would be in his best interest to go back to sleep... because it'll make him feel better... and I could use some more sleep as well...

Just as he's about to pass out... he sits up real quick says... "Mommy my stomach REALLY hurts agaaaaiii...." *insert puking here* eww... ok try to get him to the toilet as quickly as possible, he's trailing behind me...well... leaving a trail... *insert me looking to the heavens for any kind of assistance* get him situated at the toilet with a glass of water... tell him to stay there til I come back... proceed to follow the path while cleaning it back to the livingroom... take the blanket off the couch... put it in the laundry... change the pillow... find a puke bucket... go back to the bathroom... the worst sight in the world... a little tiny boy hunched over the toilet hugging it little body unvoluntarily arching and tensing because of gagging and puking... it's enough to make you cry I tell ya...

Rub his back.. get him cleaned up, take him back out to the couch in the livingroom... to a new pillow, a new blanket, his new best friend for the day his very own lil puke bucket and of course his cartoons and toast... were he starts eating his toast... now that he swears he feels better (while looking as white as a little ghost)... who eats promptly after puking their guts out?? actually I can think of one guy I know that might... lol

Anyway, so now I'm waiting for the gravol to kick in... make him pass out so that I can catch a few more Z's... which I think might happen soon...

oh and by the way did I happen to mention how I quit smoking 34 hours ago... *pulling hair out*

2 comments:

reesie said...

And who said that things that go bump in the night hadda be scary,,lol. I'm sorry lil one isn't feeling well, I know what you mean though. When kiddo was little we had alot of problems with her staying sick, it's truly hell, cuz you just can't make the pain go away :(.

Big hugs to all of you up dere!!! >:D<>:D<>:D<

The Witch Doctor said...

LOL
ok I'm thinking that Shan hasn't been reading the other posts where I've been talking about how I've been sick for weeks... lmao