Sunday, September 03, 2006

I'm Moving To South Georgia!!

I figured I should post something so y'all don't think that I died while on vacation...
this post won't be complete or even the full version... might take weeks before I can do that... *laughing*

So today was the day that I was to be home so that tomorrow I could get together with my family and get my kids back and have dinner with my mom and sister... and get all the kids stuff situated for the first day of school... on tuesday...

HOWEVER....

I'm still in Georgia... yep you read that right... *chuckles* I'm still in Georgia...

Raistlan and i have decided that we love south Georgia so much that we're not coming home. He's gonna find a job here and once we get settled I'll fly back home and pick up the kids and bring them down here. Since he's an American citizen already we'll just get married to make it easier for me to get a spousal visa so that I can get a job as well...

See now that would be cool... *laughing*
But no that's not the way things are going.

Friday night we left our house and drove to Detroit once in Detroit we found the I75 south and just started driving.
I pulled over at about 4:30am to get some sleep at a rest stop in Ohio just a few miles outside of Dayton. Our goal on the first night was to try and make it all the way thru Ohio. Didn't make it because I was just too tired and he ws asleep.

So we got a couple of hours of sleep and woke up at 7:30 am.
went to the bathroom and got all ready to go and Raistlan starts the van and puts it into reverse and puts his foot on the gas to back out of the spot and nothing happens.
So long part of the story short (read that as not getting into it right now... but will blog it later)

We end up in Dayton Ohio in a Sunoco parking lot with a bleeding minivan and waiting for a couple of hours for a friend from Columbus to come and get us.

We get a tow and a ride to Columbus and are there for a couple of days while we find out that the van is having transmission issues.

We decide after finding out if it's ok with our friends, to leave the van to get fixed in Ohio and rent a car with th monies we have left and continue our way down to Georgia to our original destination.
Niiiiiice freaking car.... (more about rental guy and stuff from here as well... fast forward...again will post later)

So we drove down to Georgia (post about the parking lot scenario later)

We figured we'd only get a day and a half to visit.. a lot shorter than the 7 days we were going to be here... so the day we were going to be leaving (Friday Night) I get a call from my friend in Ohio letting me know that the garage there thats working on the van had to order a part and the van wouldn't get fixed until Tuesday...
So now you see why I'm still in Georgia...
(I swear I'll post more and explain some of the stuff that I didn't and elaborate more about other stuff)

So if you have felt bad for me and wish to contribute financially to the help "Rae and Raistlan have enough gas money to get home" fund feel free to donate :D

*laughing*
post more later...

3 comments:

reesie said...

You'll make the prettiest southern bell!! good luck babygirl!

Anonymous said...

just like movie stars and rock stars we canadians lose all our talent the the u.s.a. you gotta go where your heart leads you but we do miss you guys! good luck on the way home take care .paulie

utenzi said...

Georgia's not all that bad a place to live. Maybe you should move there, Rae. I lived in GA for 13 years and it was pretty nice. I'm a few states over now in North Carolina and I think I liked GA a little bit more.

By the way, I grew up not all that far from where you live--Adirondack Mtns of upstate NY--and I can assure you, missing the nasty winters of the northeast is a real blessing, Rae.