Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Name Those Tunes


It's a vain pursuit, but it helps me to sleep
Looking for a place to happen
making stops along the way

Are you breathing? no.
Do the wicked see you
Youre still grieving
Youre making me numb

She, who is wanting me
Whose touch can make me cry
I can only understand
By never asking her why
Hear the contradictions fly
And as hard as I may try
Every truth becomes a lie

And once again she calls to me
Then she vanishes in thin air
And how she takes my breath away
Pretending that she's not there

Feel the break and I got to live it up,
Oh, yea huh, well I swear that I.
What I really wanna know, baby,
What I really want to say I cant define.
That love make it go

Told me that my hair was red
He told me i was beautiful and came into my bed
Oh i cut his hair myself one night
A pair of dull scissors and the yellow light
He told me that i'd done alright
and kissed me till the morning light

I know a girl who reminds me of cher
Shes always changing
The color of her hair
She dont use nothing
That ya buy at the store
She likes her hair to be real orange
She uses tangerines

Favored signs to find hope
In the rounds of life
Favored rhymes to find hope
In the sands of life

You build me up then you knock me down.
You play the fool while I play the clown.
We keep time to the beat of an old slave drum.
You raise my hopes then you raise the odds
You tell me that I dream too much
Now I'm serving time in disillusionment

I don't want to lose him
He must be worth losing
If it is worth something

When they pull you under
And I would give you anything you want
Well all I wanted
All my dreams have fallen down

It seems you're having some trouble
In dealing with these changes
Living with these changes
Oh no, the world is a scary place
Now that you've woken up the demon ... in me

bill barilko disappeared that summer, he was on a fishing trip the last goal he ever scored won the leafs the cup they didn't win
another until 1962, the year he was discovered, I stole this from a hockey card

4 comments:

The Witch Doctor said...

There are 13 paragraphs in my post... each one is a small part of a song...
See if you can name all 13 songs without looking them up ;)

rfun6 said...

I dont know rae, didnt even look at the lyrics. LOL. Looking at you posing pretty. You losing weight? You looking skinnier. Im jealous now.
Laters

The Witch Doctor said...

1.Looking for a Place to Happen - Tragically hip

2.Voices - Disturbed
3.Yours - Blues Traveler
4.Bleed To Love Her - Fleetwood Mac
5.Santeria - Sublime
6.Samson - Regina Spektor
7.She Don't Use Jelly - The Flaming Lips
8.Rakim - Dead Can Dance
9.Mr Ubiquitous Mr. Lovegrove - Dead Can Dance

10.Talula - Tori Amos
11.Save Me - Remy Zero
12.Down With The Sickness - Disturbed
13.Fifty-Mission Cap - Disturbed

The Witch Doctor said...

oops 13 is by Tragically Hip