Friday, August 08, 2008

Waaaay Overdo

My week in review...

I'm not even sure where I left off with my last post, I've had this screen up for three days now waiting for me to fill it in.

Lemme see where to start... how about last Friday?

Friday morning was the funeral for George, was alright service at the church... I say it was alright because truthfully I don't like when a pastor rambles on and on about shit that doesn't belong at a funeral. My sister and I decided that when my mom dies, the dude is so only talking about my mom. See I went to a funeral for the mans grandma a few years back and the family was pissed because the pastor stood up there talking about sheep for like 30 mins... at George's dude rambled on and on about King David. Although, I ran into a man that I'm in Lions with. He's from a club at the most western part of our region (almost 3 hours away) Sis and I were surprised to see him, seems he's known George for 30 years. So Disney was right... It is a small world after all.

After the funeral we went back to the house, my grandma brought my aunt that I haven't seen in almost 10 years over so that she could meet my kids. Even though all of us were headed up north when we got to my grandma's we wouldn't have the kids with us.

So after a quick dip a quick lunch on the road we went... 5 hours later we show up at the man's mom's house... after meeting the new horde of cats (she's up to 25 now - thankfully she has 92 acres of land) we left and headed over to my grandma's house, which is about an hour from my mother in laws house. The roads out there give you pause for thought. That's what ya get out in cottage country though. We got to my grandma's house about 11:30 or so, seems they got there about 20 minutes before we did. Sat up listening to grandma and Dar tell us about the last few weeks with George before heading to bed.

*** Day 5 of this post being open on my desktop ***

Got home on Saturday in the afternoon, late afternoon. Swam in the pool laid in bed watching tv... passed out.

On Sunday we went to Port Colborne for their Canal Days celebration. We went for a couple of concerts they were having, left before the one we actually wanted to see... they weren't going to play until 10:30 and really... we were tired after all our walking and I wasn't feeling well.

Monday... the man and I lazed around mom's house, me doubled over in pain. Some sort of stomach ache gone bad is what it was. Finally took a nap on the couch, resting my head on his lap and was able to get rid of the pain for awhile. That evening had a soccer game to coach, we won. Thankfully, don't think the kids could take another loss.

Tuesday... We packed up and caught the bus into the city to the hotel we were going to be staying at.


**** Two Weeks Later Due to No Internet ****

I barely remember what I was saying or talking about in this post... so I'm gonna split up the old news from the new news...

So that Tuesday night while at the hotel I again had the extreme stomach pains... so the man offered up some of his Pariet which I took for the couple of days that we were at the hotel. Since then I haven't had the extreme pain like I had but have had an upset stomach every now and then.

The time away with the man was nice, it was just us, didn't have to worry about the phone, the kids ... nothing.

So we came home on the Thursday... we both passed out... and then we went to the movies to see The Mummy III and I don't care what anyone else says, I liked that movie. It was entertaining.

it was a good way to finish up some man and I time...

Then the kids came home from up north on Sunday... and I can't remember anything else right now...

Too long ago... :P

No comments: