Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Ain't About What's Waiting On The Other Side...

It's sort of funny how the littlest thing can put things into prospective...

Sitting here reading about how a friend has gotten yet another ticket and how of course this 5th or 6th can't possibly be his fault. I mean he was only driving the car right?
I have to shake my head at him because really after getting six tickets in the last two months, how can he possibly blame everything and everyone else for them. They all happened while he was driving the car. There's one common thread running through there and it would seem he is it. However, no matter how much he wonders 'why him?' he's never going to figure out it's because he hasn't changed his behaviour.

What's even funnier is that since he's decided to put it out there on his facebook, people have been commenting of course. We all know that we love to make comments about other peoples lives when they go ahead and put theirs out there. So he's gotten angry about the comments. *chuckles*
He's gotten upset enough to change his facebook status to how people are so judgemental and how dare those that are commenting comment about his situation when they weren't there.

Well really when you think about it, he secretly must want those comments...right? why else would he put himself out there like that? it couldn't possibly be because he was looking for some sympathy from his friends... could it?

I mean really now...

So it makes you wonder, we do we, the bloggers of the world, the status updaters of the world... why do we put our lives out there? even the small fraction of our lives that we choose to reveal. Why do we do it?

Do we secretly want others to make snide back handed degrading uneducated ignorant comments about us? Is it because we have this need to share with others?
Is it because secretly we want our lives to amount to more then they feel they do?

So many questions...

Maybe... just maybe... we're computer geeks who instead of keeping a diary under our pillows feel more comfortable typing posts to ourselves and whoever else may pop by to see if our lives are any more interesting then their own...

Anyway... there's my deep thought for the morning...

I have a doctor's appointment again today and as you can see if you're reading this I can't sleep... I think I can't sleep for two reasons... the statement above... and because I'm so excited because Bing is going to come for a visit... I love visits! (oh and of course Squasha is coming to Toronto, but unfortunately I'm not excited about that as I won't get to see him at all this time... again.)

So I've started and need to quit smoking again... it's making feel yucky.
I need to tidy up the spare room and straighten out my bedroom...

*sighs* I also was out weeding the garden the other evening... apparently that is not what my heart had in mind for a fun activity... I had an episode so bad that I nearly fell over in the garden... I made my way over to the picnic table... where I looked back toward the house and it seemed like 5 miles away... after a few moments of it not passing I found the will to make it to te back patio... where I slumped into my old computer chair... I tossed a couple of pebbles at the bay window hoping that someone would come out to wonder what was going on... the man did after the second pebble... took one look at me and went back in for my ice pack and brought me and small handful of freezies... it took almost 5 minutes before I could even feel the ice pack normally on my skin... it was not pleasant...
It didn't last long not like they used too but it hit me like a train... normally I feel it sneak up on me...

Anyway... enough of that... three hours til I'm supposed to get up for my doctors appointment... :-S

No comments: