Saturday, July 04, 2009

Now Holidays Come And Then They Go

Happy 4th kids... well that's to any and all Americans who happen to read my drivel...
One of my favourite trick questions is 'Do they have 4th of July in England?'

I'm supposed to be outside tidying up the yard right now... or in here tidying up the living room... see how much I've gotten accomplished... I rolled out of bed finally after getting a phone call at like 1:30 this afternoon... I came out to find the boys (all three of them) watching Star Wars... the fish tank light was off and Jasper was peeping at me... which means that the fish and bird hadn't been fed yet... all the males were just lounging around on the couches staring at the tv... *shakes head* and people wonder why we don't have television services...

So of course big bad mom had to tell them to get the fuck up and do the shit they're supposed to be doing... and ask why I didn't get woken up... that's a huge fault of mine... when I get to sleep I never want to wake up... I need to be woken up...

So now I'm cooking a huge ham in the oven... it's smelling wonderful... hopefully it'll be ready in time for dinner... seriously it's the size of the boychild... so after dinner we're all heading down to my old stomping grounds... down to Fort Erie... the friendship festival has been going on down there... tonight is one of the last concerts... I'm not expecting anything spectacular... but... yeah...

So we're having some friends over for a barbeque tomorrow... I'm hoping the weather co-operates... and I'm hoping that everyone is able to make it... not like I invited a whole bunch of people... but yeah...

I'm excited... next weekend is the PigRoast that we go to every year out in Chatham at my cousins place (well actually 2nd cousin but ya know... it's all family)... anyway... we head out there with tents and musical instruments... we all bring something to share food wise... there's at least 100 people there each year... and at least half of those are family... looks like my Ma won't be going this year... so we'll be going up with just the five of us... wish it was six... but... I'm trying not to dwell on that...

Anyway... tonnes o' fun coming our way this month... we're also hoping to go camping the last weekend of the month... whether it's with friends or without... I was gonna talk to Ma and see what's what... see if she's going any where or what not...

I know the tall ships and Canal Days down in Port Colborne are coming up as well... talked to Krammit about using her house and maybe just chilling down there... she'll be at a lacrosse tourny...

Also have to deal with the fact that both the kids have week long summer camps coming up... on different weeks... and yeah... I have to figure out how to get them there... that's always nice...

my ham is smelling absolutely wonderful... just thought I'd add that in there...

I have more to say... but I might wait til later to bring it up... it's about a conversation I had with a friend of mine about... well... about... yeah it was a weird conversation - talked about loneliness and togetherness... and the most basic urges of people... and love...
always talking about love...

I can't help it... I love love... and how it effects and affects people... I'm a student of the people... *laughs*

probably why I am so drawn to Psychology Courses...

Oh which brings me to another conversation I had recently... talking with another psychology student and PSW... about opening up an office of counsellors... interesting stuff...

Need to check on a few things outside...

wow... it's feckin' hot out there today...

so I'll tidy up outside a little later when the sun has dipped down a bit...

Anyway... I'll write again later about some more deep-ish stuff...

No comments: