Thursday, May 31, 2012

Last Weekend...

here we go since I have a little bit before the Boychild has to go to karate...

there's a grading at his club tonight so we're all going to watch him...


ok so I don't remember what I posted in my last post...

I've been off my skates since last Friday....I took a fall (Burton kicked my ass) and tweaked my knee...continued skating and we ended up doing suicides....bit differently then you would do off skates...at each line you had to do something else...so it was double knee falls, mountain climbers and then double knee falls again...when I did my first double knee fall I realized that I didn't just tweak my knee like I had thought...I finished up the suicides by doing the double knee fall starting with my right leg going down rather then my left... (it was the left one that I had tweaked)...did the cool down with everyone else... came home and iced my knee and tried not to cry when I had to walk somewhere...

Saturday morning it was still bothering me...so after going to the karate tournament I went to the walk in clinic...doctor told me to RICE it....Rest Ice Compression and Elevate) and to get x-rays done on Monday and come back in and see him on Tuesday...so I did that.

Zuulie-Bear and I at the Purina Walk For Dog Guides on Sunday.
Got the x-rays done...did my annual blood tests as well...on Tuesday went back and talked to the same doc...nothing in my knee is broken or fractured...however... he said that it was written in the report that there is a good chance that I have something called Osgood-Schlatter Disease...wtf?? - '... an irritation of the patellar ligament at the tibial tuberosity.' (in short)


He said it would be a good idea to take another week off my skates...not something I wanted to hear since my minimums testing was supposed to be tomorrow...thankfully Lock was really cool about it saying that we'll figure something out for that and to just rest up my knee...so this coming Tuesday I have to go down to my GP and get the ok to get back on my skates...and talk to him further about my options with this Osgood-Schlatter shit...really don't want to have to quit derby...


still on the derby front... this back and forth bullshit about whose job is whose is really effin' bothersome...and I firmly believe that Fundraising and Sponsorship should have never been lumped together and should have two separate committees for them...


our first fundraiser is on Saturday...just a 'come listen to a band and maybe win a prize' type of night...so low key in the way of planning...but can't to notice that there's a lot of things have been so blown out of proportion in regards to so many things... 
I just keep shaking my head at it all...

I can't wait until Sunday.

Boychild after just finishing his kata.

As I said...on Saturday the Boychild had his karate tournament...again he received 2nd place for his kumite...he was disappointed that he did his kata perfectly and yet still again 3 girls got the first prizes...even though a couple of them made mistakes...he was a good sport about it...


Boychild (blue gloves) during one of his kumite bouts.

I'd say not bad for his 3rd tournament...he's won something at each...so that makes him happy. Me too.

I'll have to see about getting some pics with him (hopefully - getting his yellow belt tonight)

(When I get the ok to go back on my skates I'm going to see about finally going back as well)

hrm...that's all I've got for now...

No comments: