Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Back On Your Skates?

That seems to be the question of the year for me at the moment...

Ever since I broke my ankle at the beginning of June people have been asking me how long will it be until I'm back on my skates...

I appreciate the concern and even the excitement to skate with me again...makes me feel good...

But as I've been healing up and going to practices to watch and still learn as best as I can from watching...it's been getting worse...

It's nice to have people smile and point out that I no longer have the cane or crutches...but they really don't know how much it sucks so bad to be sidelined...

It's bad enough to be sitting there week after week and practice after practice and watching...to be asked every time they see me 'how's the ankle? how much longer until you can get back on your skates?' just makes me want to cry...

I really want to be skating.

I know...baby steps...

But it's worse now that I can walk...I just want to tie my skates on and get out there...don't worry...I won't.

I know logically that I have to strengthen my leg and ankle back up and I don't plan on strapping a skate on until I can jog on a treadmill...but it tugs at my heartstrings just sitting there watching.

I had to leave the league practice early tonight because it just sucked so bad.

I can't help but feel so left behind...everyone is doing so well...and I can't believe that I'm going to tie my skates back on and be right back where I was before.

I'm going to have to start all over again...sometimes I just find myself sitting here wondering if I should at all.

Besides the political bullshit in the league...adding the frustration of me not being at a level I'd like to be at...is it worth it?


No comments: