Monday, March 25, 2013

Derby Blargh...

I fell in love with roller derby a long time ago, then I saw Whip It, then I went to Reno and got to see a real live bout where the person I was with at the time leaned forward and said in my ear 'I could totally see you doing this' which made me just want to do it even more...when I heard about it starting here after coming back from that trip out west I nearly peed myself from wanting to do it so much...we scraped together the money and get my gear and I started skating a year ago this month...I trained a couple times a week for a couple of hours each time...and I started getting better and more sure on my skates...then I broke my ankle...

I was determined to get back on my skates and get back out there and take my turn on the track...I went and watched practices...and at first I was ok with that... I was laid up and on crutches and knew that I couldn't get back out there with my team yet...I got ok'd by my doc in October to go back to skating but not to do full contact training...I wasn't allowed to skate with the league...my clearance had to be for full contact...for safety reasons of course...understandable....my attendance at practices dwindled because it would just make me sad and depressed but still held out hope that I would be back on my skates and skating with my team this coming season...

Then I find out that nope...I will likely not be skating with my team...I have to go through training again...yes understandable for safety reasons...I've been skating over the river at a rink since October...there was a freshmeat intake in November...couldn't go into training with them because I still couldn't convince the doctor to sign off on full contact...finally get him to sign off a week ago...come to find out that next freshmeat starts in May...

By the looks of it not only do I have to start my freshmeat training all over again I still wouldn't get to play with my team or skate with the league...because the next intake isn't being drafted until the next season...so that's another year...

....and stopped whining session here as it was just making me to upset...

went and looked up a couple of things according to our Code of Conduct I need to remind a few people about a few things...





No comments: