Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Nice Day For A White Wedding....

Marriage is a little over rated... anyone can do it.. and frankly too many people just jump right into it after a couple of months being together...

Why would you want to get married? apparently the years leading up to it don't seem to matter to people... if a couple have been together for 7 years and then get married.. (I've actually seen this happen keep that in mind...) they get into an argument and other people say "oh its ok they're newlyweds" what the fuck?!? they've been together for 7 years... they're not newlyweds just because they just got married... all those 7 years got erased and now they get to forget who each other are?? is that the way it goes now?

7 years of course is just an example and has absolutely now relation to the fact that Raistlan and I have been together for 7 years.... well except for that one time...for 7 months but hey we like to chalk that up to this accident I had whereI bumped my head really hard and forgot how to use my brain and acted stupidly and blindly and well extremely out of sorts... but hey its great at parties when people ask about our relationship... "oh yeah its great he's awesome... (lil later) yep almost moved to the states" them "with him?" me "nope with another guy" LMAO....

But apparently thats not how the story goes....

apparently when I had that accident and hit my head real hard... I must have remembered that part wrong as well according to others... but anyway I'm getting off on a tangent...my main point was...why get married when ya don't have too....

So instead of getting married in the traditional sense... you know the one... where you end up so broke just to find out that during the reception where you were feeding and liquoring up 150 of your closest friends and relatives they were taking bets on how long the marriage will last.... oh you know you're guilty of it too so don't even groan at me... I've done it too at all weddings I've been too in the last 10 years....

So instead of making ourselves so broke that we can't even enjoy it... we've decided that we are going to take any monies that would go toward a wedding and try to buy a house...
weeeeee what fun eh?

yep thats right

I told Raistlan I wanted to draw up a nicely worded letter asking our friends and family for any monies they would've spent on a wedding present so that we can say that our huse was a wedding gift to us from everybody...and then have a "reception" of sorts at the house that everyone helped us buy...

I thought it was a fantastic idea... Raistlan doesn't think it would go over too well...
I would think people would be relieved that they wouldn't have to try to pick something out for a couple who have been living together for over 6 years...
but hey people are kinda dumb...

tell me what you think... cause you know i wanna know :D

7 comments:

Anna said...

I think that's a fantastic idea but you guys actually have to get married....a little wedding in the house you buy right before that reception you mentioned ;).

The Witch Doctor said...

well it was talked about... after the house is in our posession just going down to town hall...nothing big...

rfun6 said...

Oh yeah, like the sont. Its a nice day for a white wedding. Billy Idol.
Do what ever you want, what makes you both happy. Agree on it and do it.
Me personally, I have to be blessed. Its a blessing thing. But you do what you want.

Lou Lou said...

what a fantastic idea!
We would do it all differently if we could have, looking back. ( 11 years wed last saturday 14 years together) i was very young bride lol

The Witch Doctor said...

Well we wouldn't be able to get married in the back yard... lol
The house we want doesn't have a very big back yard...
But for sure we could probably do a reception at the house...
;)

Anonymous said...

Is it the house you showed me a couple of weeks ago?

I like the idea of a small wedding with a big reception. It would be nice if you did something at the house, but if it's not workable, what can you do really?

When's all this going down, or do you know yet?

Oh, and I'll take pictures!

The Witch Doctor said...

well the plan is still really new... we're heading to the bank to see if we can even get a mortgage...so keep your fingers crossed and I'll keep ya posted on whats going on with that...