Monday, June 23, 2008

He Called Me Names And I Called My Dad...

Sometimes you wonder just how you're doing with your children...
You wonder if they are polite and mind their manners and compassionate of others when they're not around you or your family...

I get a bit nervous at times cause you never know what they might say to someone and whether or not that person will take it the wrong way...

Well yesterday morning when the man was walking the littlest to school... he ran into the mom of one of the girls in my boy's class and they're friends... My husband gave the mom our phone number in case the little girl ever wanted our son to come over and play in the summer as their last day of school is tomorrow...

Well hubby found out just why the little girl from down the street likes him so much... it seems that the little girl had been sent home from school on more then a few occasions due to head lice... the kids at the school had figured out why she kept getting sent home and so they dubbed her "The Head Lice Queen" - her mother explained that she's done treatments, washed and bleached everything... even gone to the extent to have the house fumigated... she's tackled the problem a few times now only to have her daughter come home a few days later with the head lice again... So her daughter has gotten to the point where she just doesn't want to go to school because of kids taunting her and calling her names... Apparently after one such episode while she was outside crying, my son came up to her and said "Don't worry I'll still be your friend, I know that it's not your fault you keep getting the head lice" ....

Well... to hear that as a mom made me tear up.. knowing that my son had the compassion to tell her that it would be ok and that they could be friends... to know that he didn't just jump on the band wagon with the other kids and start calling her names as well... just makes me think... just maybe I am doing alright... I've always felt I am... but that just confirms to me that I really am...

Report card day was today... both kids passed... the oldest could have done a bit better on the two C's he received ... the littlest brought all his marks up ...

Other then that we have a couple of appointments this week to go and look at some places ... yep that's right I'm house/apartment hunting again... it's been 4 years in an apartment that is only big enough for a single person... So I may be a bit scarce at times especially since I hope to move out August 1st... So there's a lot of packing to be done... which will start on Wednesday... thank goodness the kids are out of school as of tomorrow because they're definitely old enough to be helping with sorting and packing...

So that's pretty much what's new... I'm super proud of my boys and looking for a new place to live...
What's up with you?

1 comment:

Moon said...

Awe, what a good, kind boy!! Good for him!! U did good mom!!