Saturday, June 07, 2008

What the What is Ladylike ...

Went to a carnival tonight... Tis the season of the Carnies...

Had some fun with the kids... Went with my mom, Sis, my two boys and my ex...
let's you all figure that out after blinking and going 'huh'

Yes I talked my ex into coming out with us to have some fun at the carnival...

You see it's been almost a year since I've been able to have a conversation with him... because his ex was living with him and she thought that they were trying to work things out and blah blah blah... When really he was just being nice and giving her a place to stay... anyway... any time I tried to call him to talk about what was going on with our son and so forth she would be in the background screaming, telling him to get off the phone or just being a general pain in the ass...

She had sent me a message via my facebook with his account being nasty and so forth... so now that she's gone... my ex and I can go back to the civility we had before. We actually do make really good friends, I just can't live with him and he me, and we're ok with that. Our son doesn't even remember a time when we had lived together, which is probably for the best anyway.

So after the carnival we went back to moms and lit off some fireworks, thanks to the smoke and sulphur and such it kept the mosquitoes down... it was a million degrees today and so hot and muggy... so much so that (Sorry landlady about the hydro bill but...) the A/C is so going in tomorrow. Better to have a cool bedroom then cardiac events because my body is over stressed from the heat...

So tomorrow the littlest monkey has a birthday party to go to... And the man has to work... so that leaves me and the bigger monkey to have some "mom and tween" time.
I'll see what he wants to do for the few hours before suggesting something... something that's not video game related. *chuckles* Hmm maybe I'll convince him to let me dye his hair purple, his dad would loooove that ;)

No comments: